Author Topic: Ribs and Butt on the Copperhead  (Read 1596 times)

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
Re: Ribs and Butt on the Copperhead
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2019, 01:08:54 PM »
Big Dawg:  There is a Walmart in Gastonia that appears to have limited stock; only one in the Charlotte area.  Wish I lived closer.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 02:30:03 PM »
Billy:  Thanks for the info.  Some Walmarts in my area had them for that low price, but they are now out of stock.  It helps to look on Brickseek; I found 40# bags if pellets for $5 awhile back.

For sure.  That iGrill Mini stuck to the smoker was a $9 brickseek find.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline DWard51

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 11:55:29 PM »
Call the Walmart before you drive over.  There were several around me that Brickseek showed had 2 or 3 or limited in stock.  Every one I called said they sold out from 2 days before to even the week before.  I think I called dang near every Walmart within 100 miles of me and none had them for the $109 price.   If they have them at $449 (regular price) from what I have read, that is the 2019 model and something is different either in the smoker or the box.  The ones they clearanced at $109 were the previous model (at least that's what I read)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 03:28:39 AM »
Call the Walmart before you drive over.  There were several around me that Brickseek showed had 2 or 3 or limited in stock.  Every one I called said they sold out from 2 days before to even the week before.  I think I called dang near every Walmart within 100 miles of me and none had them for the $109 price.   If they have them at $449 (regular price) from what I have read, that is the 2019 model and something is different either in the smoker or the box.  The ones they clearanced at $109 were the previous model (at least that's what I read)

Oh yeah.  I was looking for a Barrel House Cooker 18C that has been showing up at $45.  I was right up the street from one listed as having 2 on Thursday.  They were sold last week, yet they are still listed on brickseek.  I think maybe the Walmart folks are ringing things up with the wrong barcodes/SKUs, because the times they get it right brickseek finds the inventory adjustment immediately.  Here's the listing in case.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=333914739
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 10:33:49 AM »
Only problem I have with Barrel House is that they stole info from Noah and Amber from PBC. A big lawsuit entailed. They are thief's in my book.

Not telling you what to do or how to spend your coin but Pit Barrel is one of our beloved forum sponsors.

Just sayin.........................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 02:22:41 PM »
Only problem I have with Barrel House is that they stole info from Noah and Amber from PBC. A big lawsuit entailed. They are thief's in my book.

Not telling you what to do or how to spend your coin but Pit Barrel is one of our beloved forum sponsors.

Just sayin.........................

I remember something about that, but not it being Barrel House (since I don't own a PBC).  Best that I didn't get one.

Offline DWard51

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »
Sigh,  I keep checking Brickseek every day and none near us (or even within a couple  hours drive).

From the photos I keep seeing of food smoked in these, I may have to consider paying close to regular price for one eventually.  I don't need a pellet GRILL, but the smoker with multiple racks and capacity of this thing is more in line with what I would need.  Not to promote another forum, but there are several posts over in one with "Bretheren" in the name with some fantastic reviews of the results in this smoker.   I just wish I could find a $109 one.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »
Sigh,  I keep checking Brickseek every day and none near us (or even within a couple  hours drive).

From the photos I keep seeing of food smoked in these, I may have to consider paying close to regular price for one eventually.  I don't need a pellet GRILL, but the smoker with multiple racks and capacity of this thing is more in line with what I would need.  Not to promote another forum, but there are several posts over in one with "Bretheren" in the name with some fantastic reviews of the results in this smoker.   I just wish I could find a $109 one.

In case you need a little more persuading, here is my first packer on it (~11.5 lbs before trim).  Fire on at 1600.  Running low and slow so I can pull and wrap in the early morning.