Outdoor Cooking Equipment > PIZZA OVENS - Wood Fired

Pizza in the rain

(1/2) > >>

RG:
So, we here in Georgia have not had rain in quite a long time then all of a sudden, it's rained for 4 days now. Go figure! I have been wanting to make a hybrid pizza dough as an experiment so I did just that, yesterday. I also made up some more sauce but made it a little more chunky and less liquidy (is that a word?)

The last batch of dough I made was with Ischia sour dough starter as my leavening agent. While I did like it, it did make it a little too sour for my wife's taste. The solution? Dial back the Ischia and add a little regular old active dry yeast. The result was exactly what I was looking for! A little sour and the rise from the ADY was the perfect mix!

We made a few pizzas, all 10-12 inches. The first was gorgeous but it was devoured as soon as I brought it up. It was a white pie that had roasted garlic and olive oil as the base, then a mixture of spinach, ricotta, parmesan, chili flakes, oregano, sea salt was spread over that and topped with fresh grated low moisture mozz. It was fantastic. I made one pie at a time and we ate them piping hot! I got rained out at the end though so I only got one picture of one of the 2 Margheritas.

Roget:
Great lookin' pizza RG. :thumbup:

TMB:
Im drooling over that one  :thumbup:

sparky:
Me too.

tomcrete1:
Looks awesome RG! :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version