For those wanting to make this "Hybrid" dough, here's how I made it :

510g King Arthur AP flour
90g Caputo 00 flour
390g water
60g Sourdough Starter
1 tsp (or so) ADY (Active Dry Yeast)
14g olive oil
12g salt

I wanted to use King Arthur Bread Flour as it is higher in gluten but AP works fine. You can leave out the 00 flour and just use more Bread or AP if you like.

This is a slow proof dough, hence the low amount of yeast. I mixed it all up in the Kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook and put it in a olive oil greased bowl and put a lid on it. I let it sit on the counter for a few hours and then put it in the fridge overnight to cold proof. I took it out about 2 the next afternoon and let it come to room temp, it continued to proof along the way. I punched it down and made 4 225g dough balls and had about 110g left over for a mini pizza (that never got made due to the rainout, lol).

Once dough balls were made, I dusted in flour and let them rest on the counter for about 45 minutes and they became nice and soft and were a joy to work with and baked up nicely. I REALLY like this dough. If you have a sourdough starter to use, give this a whirl. If you don't have one, they're easy to make. I was afraid of trying for years, my fears were unfounded as it really is easy.

Tailgating is my game:
RG's famous Pizza & Italian restaurant......I see it coming

TentHunteR:
Oh heck yeah, that looks great.  I love Margherita style pizza!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version