OTHER HOBBIES > OTHER HOBBIES

I am all out of hobbies

<< < (2/4) > >>

Salmonsmoker:

--- Quote from: sparky on June 11, 2019, 10:42:33 AM ---I love discgolf, ball golf and took up playing bass guitar.  I started playing ball golf 30 years ago.  17.7 handicap.  Not great but I don't hit it very far.  My putting saves my @ss.  I love discgolf a lot.  I shoot 3 down to 5 up.  Not bad for my age.  I'm teaching myself bass guitar.  Not good at it but I love it.  Bought a fender mustang and bass amp.  My wife is a concert violinist (Folsom and Auburn Symphony) and is teaching me how to read music.  Love, love fishing.  Peaceful and quiet.  Don't care if I catch fish.  Love the outdoors sitting there watching my pole anticipation of catching a big one.  Salmon, trout are what I go after.  I'm a bank fishermen.  Worms and powerbait are my friends.

--- End quote ---

We'll have to find you a riverbank for you when you get here. We have salmon and trout here. Looks like you're set.

happyappy:
My first thought was "it sounds like he needs a girlfriend" . But that probably becomes way to expensive (in more ways than just $$$!)

Not sure if you are a beer drinker, but brewing is a fascinating and rewarding hobby.  Like cooking, there's a lot to learn from a process and equipment standpoint.  It allows you to be creative and "tweak" things to make a recipe your own.  Over time, you can start developing your own recipes using your taste memory just like you do with food.  And as long as you are brewing beer...you are never without friends!  ;)

I'd be happy to help you get started if you are interested...

sparky:

--- Quote from: Salmonsmoker on June 11, 2019, 11:00:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: sparky on June 11, 2019, 10:42:33 AM ---I love discgolf, ball golf and took up playing bass guitar.  I started playing ball golf 30 years ago.  17.7 handicap.  Not great but I don't hit it very far.  My putting saves my @ss.  I love discgolf a lot.  I shoot 3 down to 5 up.  Not bad for my age.  I'm teaching myself bass guitar.  Not good at it but I love it.  Bought a fender mustang and bass amp.  My wife is a concert violinist (Folsom and Auburn Symphony) and is teaching me how to read music.  Love, love fishing.  Peaceful and quiet.  Don't care if I catch fish.  Love the outdoors sitting there watching my pole anticipation of catching a big one.  Salmon, trout are what I go after.  I'm a bank fishermen.  Worms and powerbait are my friends.

--- End quote ---

We'll have to find you a riverbank for you when you get here. We have salmon and trout here. Looks like you're set.

--- End quote ---

I was kinda hoping you would show me some spots. 

Tailgating is my game:
The thing about fishing is that you can do it in salt or fresh water.

The thing about boating is you can sit at a dock, sleep on it, Fish on it, escape on it, cook on it, drink on it , swim off of it, Dive off of it, speed with it, Water ski off of it, scuba dive off of it, Drone off of it, bird watch off of it Star gaze off of it, travel off of it & write on it & lastly go broke on it.

Jaxon:
I'm kinda like that, RG, only my thoughts jump from grill to grill.   I have so many TYPES of grills, thinking I would love to cook "that way".
Got into sous vide, Masterbuilt, santa maria, offset, drum - variations on these in addition to the Kettle, the gasser, and the Akorn.  Most recently I bought a ceramic kamado and like to use it. So many interesting ways to cook ribs and butts...I chase 'em.
It drives Deb crazy sometimes and most of my friends can't understand why I need so many grills, but they sure love the food that comes off of them.
Their brains just don't work like mine.  That's the only way I can explain it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version