Author Topic: Overnight Prime Brisket  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Hub

Re: Overnight Prime Brisket
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 08:21:14 AM »
I'd call this a "classic" and give you a big blue ribbon for it -- good job!

The best brisket I ever cooked was one I didn't overthink or overdo -- much like the approach you took here.  I did it in my old Traeger and I didn't mess with it much in process -- just let it cook until it got done. 

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 08:45:49 AM »
I'd call this a "classic" and give you a big blue ribbon for it -- good job!

The best brisket I ever cooked was one I didn't overthink or overdo -- much like the approach you took here.  I did it in my old Traeger and I didn't mess with it much in process -- just let it cook until it got done. 

Hub

There sure wasn't a lot of thought that went into this one.  Trimmed the heck out of it and applied Worcestershire, course salt and course pepper before letting it sit in the fridge for a few hours.  225 with the meat directly on the grate and a drip tray underneath.  Water pan was filled to start but not filled again.  No look/touch until I was at 170 internal.  Color looked nice, so I wrapped it in BP.  I thought about just letting it ride with no wrap, but SWMBO really likes a slightly softer bark.  At 200, I probed it and made an educated guess that it needed another 30 minutes in the pit.  Pulled it and let it sit on the counter for an hour still wrapped before slicing.  Adrian (my oldest son and a brisket fanatic) said it was the best brisket I had one in a while.  He is my judge.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 06:49:18 PM »
Excellent looking beef

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109