Recipes > Pork Recipes

Looking for a homemade Bratwurst recipe....

(1/2) > >>

AndyL:
I'm always looking for new sausage recipes to try.

Does anyone have a tried and true homemade Bratwurst recipe they'd like to share here with me?

Couldn't find anything for Brats at all here in the forum.

I'm heading to a cookout next weekend and would appreciate any Brat recipe you may want to pass along!

Danke!

Salmonsmoker:
Andy, do a search for Len Poli sausage recipes. I had his recipe link bookmarked, but the link is broken. If you can access it, there must be hundreds of recipes there, including more than one bratwurst recipe.

AndyL:

--- Quote from: Salmonsmoker on October 14, 2019, 09:02:50 PM ---Andy, do a search for Len Poli sausage recipes. I had his recipe link bookmarked, but the link is broken. If you can access it, there must be hundreds of recipes there, including more than one bratwurst recipe.

--- End quote ---

Here's a workable link to Len's sausage recipe page:

http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage%20recipes.htm

I'd used his recipes a few years back, most notably one of his kielbasa, breakfast and bratwurst recipes. I completely forgot about his site. You're right,  there's hundreds of great ideas to choose from there! Thanks for reminding me about it.

AndyL:
Huh, I just noticed there's a separate section for cured meats and food preservation to answer all my sausage questions! Oh well, this forum is massive.  Now I know.

TentHunteR:
This is my own variation of a authentic German-style bratwurst. It's based off a recipe I found years ago on the old Wedliny Domowe site:

German-Style Bratwurst
1 lb Ground Pork, fine ground.   For a truly authentic German Brat use a 70/30 mix of pork/veal.
1 tsp  Pickling Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper,  fine ground (White pepper is traditional, but black works fine)
1/2 tsp Marjoram, ground
1/4 tsp Caraway seeds
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ginger, dried ground
1 egg white (optional - traditionally used to help bind and give a more whitish color, but not absolutely necessary)
1 fl oz  Cold Water

Mix the seasonings with the water (and egg white if using), then thoroughly mix into the ground meat.  Use as bulk or stuff into hog casings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version