FORUM SPONSORS > Pit Barrel Cooker Co.

A 4 day long weekend, time for some cookin'!

(1/4) > >>

AndyL:
I bought some new items from Thermowerks for my BBQ tool box and they came in just in time for a long 4 day, staycation weekend I have. My old remote temp probe has seen better days so I figured it was a wise investment. Here's a pic of a nice, nearly 12lb full packer brisket that I'm gonna do on my PBC tomorrow. After trimming the fat nicely I'm just gonna use coarse ground salt and black pepper only on this one. Haven't totally decided whether to hang it or put it fat side down on the grate yet. I'm leaning towards the grate at the moment. I'll post some pics of the cook tomorrow. Off camera I also have a 3lb boneless pork loin, 7lbs of chicken wings and 6lbs of homemade sausage. We're gonna be eating pretty good around here for the next few days!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TMB:
Good tools!   Can't wait to see the cooks!

AndyL:
Nicely seasoned and all trimmed up. It weighed in at just over 10lbs. a perfect size for me ready to go on the grate!

smokeasaurus:
Looks like you are off to a great start  :thumbup:

AndyL:
Just shy of 4 hrs to hit 160 deg F internal, with temps averaging around 250ish. No characteristic bark like often seen in most pics due to the lack of a spicey and or sugary rub, which is fine by me. I'm more interested in the end flavor than the appearance myself. It's the same color I get when I do a whole bone in rib roast. Now it's time to wrap it up!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version