Author Topic: MAK Grills Mobile and today’s lunch...  (Read 3944 times)

Offline rwalters

MAK Grills Mobile and today’s lunch...
« Reply #-1 on: November 10, 2019, 07:58:05 PM »
I know some members of the MAK family do not have MAK Grills Mobile (WiFi module).  Some by choice and some because they just don’t want the additional expense... and I completely get both positions. Several years ago I bought MGM, tried it numerous times and found it to be clunky. Returned it for a refund. I wanted to love it, but I ended up feeling the opposite of love for it... lol. Fast forward to last year and I decided to give MGM another shot. Yes, their were a few wrinkles... but since then, MAK has ironed out the wrinkles and I must say that I am extremely impressed with the stability and usefulness of MGM. For quite some time, I not only had lost interest in it, but I really thought that I’d rarely use it because the MAK is already easy enough. Now that I once again have MGM, I have come to realize just how mistaken I was.

Example from just today. Knowing I had a busy morning ahead of me, knowing we’d be in church this morning and knowing that my family would be “starving” when we arrived home... I decided to swing by the store this morning and grab some chicken leg quarters. Brought them home, cleaned them up, applied rub and shortly thereafter put them on the MAK which was cruising at 200°. Made sure I was connected to MGM from my phone and off we went. I started these leg quarters 5 hours prior to lunch time.
-They went for 3 hours at 200°
-From my phone, at the 3 hour mark, I noticed that they were at 152° so I bumped the Pellet Boss to 275°.
-At the 4 hour mark they were sitting at 170° but I like leg quarters to come off between 182-185°, so again from my phone I bumped the temp to 325°.
-Arrived home at the 4:45 hour mark and quickly applied a glaze to the legs (MAK Honey Stinger sauce diluted with some apple juice and raw honey) and bumped the temp to 350° to quickly finish things off.
-At the 5:15 hour mark they were all probing right around my desired internal temp and off they came.

Lunch was served with minimal effort and we ate pretty darn good today. Things would not have been anywhere close to this easy without MGM... and the timing would have been much different had I not been able to keep an eye on it. Love it!!!

MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline AndyL

Re: MAK Grills Mobile and today’s lunch...
« on: November 10, 2019, 08:04:27 PM »
That's some good looking chicken right there!

Offline ronman451

• Albuquerque, New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 08:07:40 PM »
So cool! And a nice looking cook!
Ron

-Memphis Elite
-PBC
-Weber Genesis II
-Weber 26" Kettle

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 09:40:34 PM »
That looks very good.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline rwalters

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 08:09:18 PM »
Thanks guys! Gotta love technology when it works!! :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 12:14:20 AM »
That's some good looking chicken right there!
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109