Outdoor Cooking Equipment > PIZZA OVENS - Wood Fired

Ooni Karu- First cook

(1/3) > >>

akruckus:
So a while back I bought a Ooni (Uuni) Karu on Kickstarter.  It is the wood and charcoal version of the Ooni, and I'm glad I held out. 3 weeks ago it arrived, the day before leaving on my wife's work rewards trip, so "assembly" and test runs had to wait until this past weekend.  She is a beaut.  One down side to the fire box is the size of the wood has to be pretty small, you need to cut down the fist sized wood chunks into 4s. Think if the right size as 2 packs of old school gumsticks on top of each other. For the first burn in I used some charcoal to break it in and burn off any oils from manufacturing.

Made 2 pies (pretty good) and attempted some "Bertucci's style" rolls that was a total fail.  Really happy I held out on getting an Ooni until I could get a wood fired and not pellet fueled pizza oven.  It was pretty cold and took a lot of wood to keep warm but once she had good coals going it was a nice little cooker.  I will definitely get more use in the spring-fall and can see football Sunday pizza parties in our future.

(I hope you can see the pictures)

Needed to be a little hotter, but we will get there.

Tester with store bough pizza dough, as my CEO likes puffy pizza

TMB:
Cant see the pictures :(

akruckus:

--- Quote from: TMB on February 11, 2020, 08:15:49 AM ---Cant see the pictures :(

--- End quote ---

fixed??

TMB:

--- Quote from: akruckus on February 11, 2020, 10:26:52 AM ---

--- Quote from: TMB on February 11, 2020, 08:15:49 AM ---Cant see the pictures :(

--- End quote ---

fixed??

--- End quote ---
YES!    Looks good from here

I love my Ooni 2 just don't get to used it as much as I like

Pappymn:
Beautiful. Love the char

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version