Cured Meats & Food Preservation > Dehydrating

Bacon Jerky

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pam Gould:
I have been thinking about what Ka Honu said about cooking the bacon before making into jerky, but I have dehydrator set at 155º and I cook pork until 145º, I'm interested to see what happens, but it sure smells good.
Thanks Lines
Ka Honu..let us know how it turns out, but it sounds good..bourbon and bacon are friendly.  I'm a Jim Beam girl.   
 .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Cajunate:

Honestly, it sounds good either way to me. I can't see why it can't be Foodsavered and then put in the freezer. That is IF there's any left to freeze. ;D

Lines:

--- Quote from: Cajunate on May 10, 2020, 10:00:34 AM ---
Honestly, it sounds good either way to me. I can't see why it can't be Foodsavered and then put in the freezer. That is IF there's any left to freeze. ;D

--- End quote ---
That would be the situation if I tried it.
 Bacon's gonna be the death of me, but what a way to go!

Pam Gould:
Got results..it tastes fabulous..I dehydrated at 155º and it was done, I do pork chops to 145º..maybe a lil over done, it was chrunchy. I think it needed to be thicker or maybe I let it go too long..I added fresh cracked pepper and that made it fabulous. I am not unhapp,y but gonna try it with some fresh smoked pork belly cut thicker. It won't last long enough to vac seal it.  Thanks for looking    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 

Ka Honu:
Changed my mind again and candied the bacon with a mix of brown sugar, BBQ rub, and cayenne. Baked in 375o convection oven for 12 minutes, flipped, and another 12 minutes. Scrumptious!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version