Outdoor Cooking Equipment > PIZZA OVENS - Wood Fired

Pizza weekend

(1/3) > >>

akruckus:
Been on lockdown since March, we finally had in laws over for dinner.... outside. Karu got a work out, making 8 Pies.  Kept pretty basic, a pepperoni, pep and sausage, sausage, mushroom, margarita, white, and 2 cheese (not pictured).  Still getting the hang of it, but the random wind gusts didn't help.  I have no problem practicing and eating pizzas.

Overall the Ooni (Uuni) Karu is awesome, I start with charcoal to get a good base, then add wood .  We usually roast veggies first, then make the pizzas.  We have also made salmon and chicken in cast iron and its pretty cool.

Set up (from previous cook):

Love the action shots.  The fire in the back makes it look so cool.

8 was a lot but manageable.  If I was consistantly making that many I would seriously think about getting the gas insert, but the thought of wood fired pizza is pretty cool to me. I would suggest getting one, but that's just me

RG:
Looks good to me! Makes me want to bust out one of my Uuni/Oonis! I have to be honest here, in my opinion gas is the way to go. I don't EVER use my Uuni 2S. Ever. The Ooni Koda is SO much easier to use and I can't tell a difference in taste from the Uuni 2S but maybe it's just me.

Either way, I think I see pizza in my future :)

akruckus:
I was about to get the gas one when they said an announcement was coming.  I waited and saw a wood/charcoal was coming.  I have both on hand and like to burn things.  I don't have a need for pellets so I didn't want to get the pellet one.

I can't tell a smoke/wood flavor but as I said I like burning things.

bamabob:
Great looking pies.  What's your recipe for the dough?

Cajunate:

Love your yard!
Pies look delicious. I'd like to order one of each please for delivery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version