Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Charcoal Grills

Beef Short Ribs on the PK Grill

(1/3) > >>

HighOnSmoke:
I purchased a PK grill a month or so ago and have been cooking quite a lot on it lately. Today's dinner is beef short ribs, Bush
baked beans and broccoli salad.

I seasoned the ribs with Killer Hogs TX brisket rub.

I set up the PK for 2 zone cooking using B&B char logs with a few chunks of oak. I used B&B briquettes to get the char logs going.

Here they are at the 2 hour mark. They are starting to get some great color.

They are probe tender at the 5 hour mark. I will be pulling them and resting for a bit.

My delicious plate of goodness! Ribs were smoky, juicy and have a good bark. Absolutely delicious!

I am really liking the PK Grill. I had my bottom vent with the coals set at 1/2 open with the top vent over the ribs 1/2 open.
I maintained temperatures between 260 and 275 the entire 5 hour cook. I still have plenty of char logs left for another cook.
I have completed 3 long cooks on the PK and have had charcoal left over each time. Once the vents are set it is almost as easy
as using one of my pellet grills.

pmillen:
Great job!  I only grill on my PK 'cause I have so many smoking options, but I may smoke on it just for the heck of it.

Where can I obtain a separator like this?

TMB:
Nice cook.   All we had were burgers snd beans today

HighOnSmoke:

--- Quote from: pmillen on May 30, 2021, 07:24:48 PM ---Great job!  I only grill on my PK 'cause I have so many smoking options, but I may smoke on it just for the heck of it.

Where can I obtain a separator like this?

--- End quote ---

This is part of the kick ash basket system. They do sell the divider separately. Here is the link for the divider. It looks like it will fit the standard PK charcoal grate. I will check it tomorrow and let you know.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: HighOnSmoke on May 30, 2021, 09:58:26 PM ---It looks like it will fit the standard PK charcoal grate.

--- End quote ---

Dang!  I don't think it'll fit the standard charcoal grate because the standard grates run the length of the grill.  The Kick Ash grates run across the base (width) so the Kick Ash divider leg won't lock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version