Author Topic: Brisket Injection  (Read 7019 times)

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
Brisket Injection
« Reply #-1 on: July 03, 2021, 10:39:38 AM »
I want to inject a brisket with Butcher's Phosphate and Bone Broth.  I think that I saw on their website not to mix the Phosphate with a beef type broth.  Has anyone tried this, and if so, what was your result?

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Re: Brisket Injection
« on: July 05, 2021, 02:02:31 PM »
cookie, I never heard of Butcher's Phosphate so I looked it up on the world wide web. Their website states that you can mix Butcher's Phosphate "with any other product to add flavoring". I have never injected my briskets so I can't wait to read about how yours comes out.

Offline cookiecdcmk

• Always looking for new ways to improve my food.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 04:06:54 PM »
Don:  From what I see it looks like Butcher's Phosphate and others use it a lot in BBQ competitions.  They and others also sell exclusive Brisket Injections.  My cook came out good and was about the same moisture as prior cooks and the flavor was very good.  I would have a hard time giving it a great recommendations, as I had other variables with my cook.  The brisket took 18 hours at 240 and I cooked it a bit more than I usually do and went to 210.  I also used the Beef Tallow during the stall.  I probably with stick with salt and pepper rub and the beef tallow on future cooks.  By the way, thanks for the Tejas Chocolate recommendation, as my sister really liked it.

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 01:03:59 AM »
You're welcome, Carl. Glad your sister enjoyed it.