Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Gas Grills

Chicken Wings

(1/2) > >>

BobDE:
First chicken wings on the Napoleon. Used the basket with tumbler. OMG, best wings ever. No wasted time on baking powder and overnight refrigeration. Just thaw them out, coat with oil, add a few spices and they were ready for the rotisserie. When done we added some Franks, cut with butter, and they were AWESOME and crispy!

ronman451:
Awesomeness. I've gotta get me one of those baskets!

BobDE:

--- Quote from: ronman451 on August 01, 2021, 10:40:19 AM ---Awesomeness. I've gotta get me one of those baskets!

--- End quote ---

You will love it!

Jaxon:
I have a different type basket, but I'd like to try this method.  Can you offer up some details?

BobDE:

--- Quote from: Jaxon on August 03, 2021, 09:45:38 AM ---I have a different type basket, but I'd like to try this method.  Can you offer up some details?

--- End quote ---

They thawed in the refrigerator. Put them in a bowl with olive oil and mixed around. Sprinkled with 1 1/2 tsp each of kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cover and put back in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Got the grill heated up to around 400° and placed basket in. Cooked for about an hour. Then heated up a 50/50 mix of butter and Franks hot sauce to pour over them at completion. We couldn't stop eating them. No leftovers and nothing for the dog! LOL

On a side note I have 2 other baskets that I used on the Thermador. They held the food tight. This basket actually has "wings" staggered inside to help with the tumble action. Not sure if that comes into play. It definitely has a higher capacity.

I also only used the rear infrared burner to cook.

Good luck and let me know how you make out! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version