Author Topic: Hello from The Wet Coast of WA.  (Read 2832 times)

Offline TwoPockets

Re: Hello from The Wet Coast of WA.
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 10:28:40 AM »
Welcome from mid Alabama.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Don O

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 10:39:12 AM »
Here's a big welcome from Northern California.

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 11:01:04 AM »

Welcome from the chilly Midwest!

My wife's family is in/around Tacoma/Puyallup/Olympia...

Offline BMC.ret

• Des Moines, WA.
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 12:28:51 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. @pmillen, you are correct. @ pam, why only once? Grilling was always a pain in the butt to me, done only as necessary, I wasn't good at it. Pellet grilling has changed all that, made it easy, interesting and fun. Some look down at pellet grilling and they are entitled to their opinion, but it has made outdoor cooking a new hobby for me.
"Gettin old ain't for sissies"

GMG-DB

Smokem if ya got em

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. @pmillen, you are correct. @ pam, why only once? Grilling was always a pain in the butt to me, done only as necessary, I wasn't good at it. Pellet grilling has changed all that, made it easy, interesting and fun. Some look down at pellet grilling and they are entitled to their opinion, but it has made outdoor cooking a new hobby for me.

As I have tried a variety of outdoor cooking methods, I've run across folks who "look down" on one or another of them. I've found some I really enjoy and others that I stop doing because they aren't as much fun. I've not tried pellets, but might some day. I really like live fires. As you say - to each their own. The best part of this forum is the variety of cookers, methods, tools, toys, and folks having fun and sharing their results. I am sure you will fit right in and I look forward to learning from you!

Cheers,

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 12:45:32 PM »
Hi BMC..I was at a gathering last fall and they had several there to try. That was my first contact with a pellet. Hope it won't be the last. Looking forward to doing it again this gathering.  Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline BMC.ret

• Des Moines, WA.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 12:49:32 PM »
Thanks David, BTW born in St Paul, reared White Bear Lake. Go Bears!
"Gettin old ain't for sissies"

GMG-DB

Smokem if ya got em

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 12:50:28 PM »
Thanks David, BTW born in St Paul, reared White Bear Lake. Go Bears!

Great movie...  ;)
You're welcome back anytime!

David
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Chili Head

Hello from The Wet Coast of WA.
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 01:28:09 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Offline Pappymn

Hello from The Wet Coast of WA.
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »
Welcome from Woodbury, MN
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 05:31:45 PM »

As I have tried a variety of outdoor cooking methods, I've run across folks who "look down" on one or another of them. I've found some I really enjoy and others that I stop doing because they aren't as much fun. I've not tried pellets, but might some day. I really like live fires. As you say - to each their own. The best part of this forum is the variety of cookers, methods, tools, toys, and folks having fun and sharing their results. I am sure you will fit right in and I look forward to learning from you!

Cheers,

David

David this is one of a few forums I read and I think this is one of the friendliest. I have looked at other forums that are specific to one cooker or one type of cooking and while they are good to learn about something specific but tend to get boring and do not have the variety that this one does. I can honestly say the only time I have been "looked down" on is by CB Martin, but hell he is nearly 7ft tall! While he was looking down on me he was smiling and shaking my hand at the fall gathering in GA.
 ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:51:50 PM by TwoPockets »
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 07:26:46 PM »
...never too much info when it comes to grillin'.

You got that right. I'm always seeing & learning something new.

Welcome to the forum, from N.E. Ohio.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 07:29:59 PM »

Cheers,

David

David this is one of a few forums I read and I think this is one of the friendliest. I have looked at other forums that are specific to one cooker or one type of cooking and while they are good to learn about something specific but tend to get boring and do not have the variety that this one does. I can honestly say the only time I have been "looked down" on is by CB Martin, but hell he is nearly 7ft tall! While he was looking down on me he was smiling and shaking my hand at the fall gathering in GA.
 ;D

That's why I keep coming back here, Ken. You are right - this is the  friendliest and most encouraging forum I have found! As for CB - I've seen the pictures...  ??? Still look forward to meeting him one day!  ;D

David
Member #

Offline Smokenovice

• Southern California
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 03:04:15 AM »
Welcome BMC.retired and your DB from Southern California  ;)
MAK 2 Star General #700
Traeger BBQ075 Texas
Brinkmann Smoke'N Pit Charcoal Smoker & Grill
Barbeques Galore Capt'N Cook Endeavour Propane 3 Burner