Author Topic: New mod for the Grill2Go grill  (Read 12771 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: New mod for the Grill2Go grill
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 01:07:46 PM »
Down South we have a term "bless his heart, that boy just ain't right".  It is not neccessarily a bad thing, just means they are different, can even be a  badge of honor.

or...  ::)

Just kidding, Tommy - I really do enjoy reading about your mods!

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 04:04:27 PM »
Down South we have a term "bless his heart, that boy just ain't right".  It is not neccessarily a bad thing, just means they are different, can even be a  badge of honor.
From day one Barry knew I was different  :o ??? :o  But that didn't stop him from letting me have fun with these cookers.  Even the big wigs at CharBroil knew I was doing weird stuff to their gills and cookers but they would just shake the heads and say "He is at it again"  :D :D     When I was told of the BEESR coming out I was sent a proto type to play with but was told 'DO NOT MODIFIE"  Which I said who me?  ;D

Yes I'm nuts and I ain't right either, but I am having fun so that's all I gonna say about that :) ;) 

Next grill for mods.........  The BEESR!  stay tuned ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline madhatter

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 01:02:03 AM »
From day one Barry knew I was different  :o ??? :o  But that didn't stop him from letting me have fun with these cookers.  Even the big wigs at CharBroil knew I was doing weird stuff to their gills and cookers but they would just shake the heads and say "He is at it again"  :D :D     When I was told of the BEESR coming out I was sent a proto type to play with but was told 'DO NOT MODIFIE"  Which I said who me?  ;D

Yes I'm nuts and I ain't right either, but I am having fun so that's all I gonna say about that :) ;) 

Next grill for mods.........  The BEESR!  stay tuned ;)

Tommy, did this mod actually work?  I opened up the vents on the back of the lid about 50% by just bending them open more.  I peeled some of the red paint, but who cares about that.  Anyway, increasing the back vents openings did nothing.

Also, I've noticed that the fire will go out after the lid has been down for some time, say, 15-20 minutes, so just closing the lid isn't the only thing that causes the flame to go out. 

CB has not been helpful at all and they keep trying to blame the tank or the hose, both of which have been replaced multiple times.
Margaritaville Tailgate grill (the best)
BEESR
TBE
22" Weber Kettle (3rd one)
Grill2Go Ice (Red)
Turkey Fryer (propane) unused
Lodge & Camp Chef Cast Iron grills, griddles and pans
Camp Chef Explorer II stove
Camp Chef Ultimate Turkey Roaster Cast Iron Pot unused