Author Topic: South Sound BBQ Festival  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Richness69

South Sound BBQ Festival
« Reply #-1 on: April 10, 2013, 11:17:08 AM »
Anyone in the South Sound area is invited to the 3rd annual 'South Sound BBQ Festival' in Lacey, WA on July 6th. This will be my 3rd year competing in the Backyard Joe's category, going for Grand Champion this year! On the photos page you will see me with my Weber Smokey Mountain loaded with 6 slabs of back ribs. Good times! Hope to see you there!
http://southsoundbbqfestival.com/

Offline miltspurefruit

Re: South Sound BBQ Festival
« on: April 12, 2013, 01:20:35 AM »
Can anyone tell me how categories are broken out for this and maybe many BBQ Contests? E.g. Charcoal, gas, pellet grills, Ceramic cookers???
I would really like to know because I might want to enter some. Right now I haven't a clue.
Also, are there opportunities to show one's wares, e.g. BBQ pellets and accessories?
Thanks a lot

Barry CB Martin

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 02:03:19 AM »
Hiya Milt - I'm going to be there with ROXY FM and most likely another client too.  I'll stay on top of it as best as possible and try to get you some info. 

Offline Richness69

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:47:31 PM »
For this non-sanctioned, amateur event the categories are Beef Brisket, Chicken Thighs, Pork Baby Back Ribs, Seafood and an open category (must be BBQ). Check out The Pacific Northwest Barbecue Association website  http://www.pnwba.com/ for more info on competition BBQ and rules.

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 12:15:23 AM »
might have to try and make it.  see what real bbq looks like. 
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline Richness69

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
Stop by and say hello if you decide to come out. Look for the team 'Bury Me In Smoke', that's me...It's a fun time, a lot of things going on. I'm usually so busy minding the coals that I don't have a whole lot of time to see everything.

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 10:11:58 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun!! I have never been to a BBQ competition. I'm going to try and make it :)