Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Ask A Butcher!

Marrow bones

(1/4) > >>

RickB:
Most grocerie stores dont have them, good idea where to find them? Even most of the small butchers are only cutting primals.

CDN Smoker:
My Dad, many years ago used to take the bone marrow from bones and spread it on bread.

Can't say I have tried it myself.

Rummm:

--- Quote from: RickB on April 29, 2013, 05:53:30 PM ---Most grocerie stores dont have them, good idea where to find them? Even most of the small butchers are only cutting primals.

--- End quote ---

Most marrow bones stay with the processor now days. However, they can be ordered by the butcher shop or the store. Just ask (really curious to the answers you get!)

CDN Smoker:
If you tell me what to do with it (has to be really good) I will ask.

RickB:

--- Quote from: Rummm on April 29, 2013, 06:25:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: RickB on April 29, 2013, 05:53:30 PM ---Most grocerie stores dont have them, good idea where to find them? Even most of the small butchers are only cutting primals.

--- End quote ---

Most marrow bones stay with the processor now days. However, they can be ordered by the butcher shop or the store. Just ask (really curious to the answers you get!)

--- End quote ---

Last time I saw them was at a asian farmers market. But the were the small ones more for cooking than eating. I want the big ones you can stick a straw in!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version