Author Topic: Mothers day cook for Kimmie  (Read 10985 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Mothers day cook for Kimmie
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 03:21:45 PM »
Tommy, I heard it through the grapevine that Kimmie's steak still wasn't cooked quite done enough, but yours looks great. Nice job. I've got to try that bologna.
Kimmie's steak was done just not burnt to her liking  ;)     If the steak does not look like KingFord charcoal then it's RAW!   Even though I started hers first then removed it last it's still not good enough  :P  I should have burned hers on a charcoal grill, OH wait I don't own one anymore!  Well Looks like I get a new toy!!  ;D ;D

Tommy,

You need a fire pit. Get the wood burned down to charcoal blow off the "dust" and toss Kimmie's steak right on the coals. When it looks right to flip - Flip - Blow off any embers... After you flip Kimme's, toss yours on the coals. About the time Kimmie's is close - flip yours. As you pull hers and plate it, yours will be about right. Pull and enjoy.

David
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 05:14:01 PM »
Tommy,

You need a fire pit. Get the wood burned down to charcoal blow off the "dust" and toss Kimmie's steak right on the coals. When it looks right to flip - Flip - Blow off any embers... After you flip Kimme's, toss yours on the coals. About the time Kimmie's is close - flip yours. As you pull hers and plate it, yours will be about right. Pull and enjoy.

David
[/quote]Kimmie seen this before and said she couldn't eat a piece of meat cooked like that, I on the other hand need to try it cause it does look tempting.

Really I need a little Weber Smokey and a set of Grill Grates 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »
My wife said the same thing... untill she tried it... call it cave man or whatever you want... it works and the meat is excellent... from rare to well... it is good.

D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 08:49:36 PM »
Nice job Tommy!!