Welcome Center > New Member Introductions

Hello From Northern Virginia

(1/5) > >>

MrCheck:
Hi all,

Dee was kind enough to let me know about this nice corner of the interwebs and I'm here with my introduction message.

I'm a 43 year old, married with a kid, computer programmer originally from the south west suburbs of Atlanta, Ga.  I've always been on the low side of mediocre when it comes to grilling but have recently been trying to up my game a bit. 

I recently stumbled across The Big Easy Electric Smoker Roaster (BEESR) and searched the web to see how to work it.  In doing so, I came across several threads out there with some great info that has helped me a good bit.  So far we've done brisket, a pineapple, St. Louis ribs, and chicken quarters.  The first three turned out fantastic.  The chicken quarters still had some red inside even though we cooked em to 165 degrees.  We think we have a plan to fix that next time though.

I've also got a five burner Master Forge gas grill that does an OK job but has recently been having some flare up issues.  I just ordered some Grill Grates from grillgrate.com that I'm hoping will take care of that issue with a conversion to IR cooking.

As a programmer, I'm pretty good.  As a griller, I'm a pretty good programmer.  :)  Looking forward to hanging out here and learning from some of the masters (masters = anyone out there willing to help).    :)

Check

muebe:
Welcome from Southern California ;)

Keymaster:
Welcome aboard Check!!

ACW3:
Welcome from North Carolina.  I used to live in Herndon until I retired.  Moved further south.  Less traffic and the DC BS.  You will love this site.  Great people with a lot of ideas on cooking outside.  You will learn a lot here.

Art

deestafford:
Check,  Glad you made it over here.  As far as the chicken quarters go, I've done the same thing before.  Sometimes it's hard to get the temp probe down next to the bone which is the last place to get done.  Thank goodness with IR cooking you can over cook and still get juicy meat. Next time just take it to a higher temp.  Your cooks are really ambitious and you're gonna do well.  Just keep a log to help you keep up with what went well and what needs improvement. And sometimes it helps to have a big dog to feed the "mistakes" to.  Look forward to hearing more from you.  Dee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version