Author Topic: Dry Aged Ribs  (Read 585 times)

Offline bbqchef

• Cape Cod BBQ
Dry Aged Ribs
« Reply #-1 on: July 09, 2013, 07:16:30 AM »
Has anyone dry aged or wet aged ribs (spares, baby or country)?
Author of "Mastering BBQ"
KCBS CBJ & CTC/ Ph. B.
Broilmaster P-3
Yoder YS640
WSM x 3
CharBroil Big Easy
Grill Dome Infinity
Enough cast iron to sink a ship
Weber kettle
Lodge hibachi
A garage full (literally) of cooking gear, pellets, charwood and wood chunks (no room for a car)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Re: Dry Aged Ribs
« on: July 09, 2013, 09:57:10 AM »
Hmmm - never thought to do it as I thought dry age only benefited beef. I would be interested in what replies you get from those that tried.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 11:03:36 AM »
I have done a fair amount of reading on the Umai site. I don't think you would get any benefit dry aging something that thin. By the time you removed the bark there would be almost nothing left.

On a side note I talked with the forum moderator http://www.drybagsteak.com/forum. I discussed with him that it was members on this site and others convinced me to try this. Also mentioned that several members on this site use and post about the product. I sent him the link to this site hoping that maybe be would drop in once in a while and comment on topics such as this.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 01:15:20 PM »
I have done a fair amount of reading on the Umai site. I don't think you would get any benefit dry aging something that thin. By the time you removed the bark there would be almost nothing left.

On a side note I talked with the forum moderator http://www.drybagsteak.com/forum. I discussed with him that it was members on this site and others convinced me to try this. Also mentioned that several members on this site use and post about the product. I sent him the link to this site hoping that maybe be would drop in once in a while and comment on topics such as this.
talk him in to being a sponsor and/or offering member discounts. ;D
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.