Author Topic: Hi from Greenville, SC  (Read 2017 times)

Offline PrinceofQ32178

• Greenville, SC
Re: Hi from Greenville, SC
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 08:02:40 PM »
Welcome from Minnesota. Would love to see a pic of your arsenal......must have a huge deck ???

I have pics of them individually, but not together since half are in a storage unit and some are at my parents house and then some at my house. I had my back patio covered in grills and my wife decided it wasn't a good idea any more lol. Sometimes you have to give a little I guess lol. ;)

Below is a direct link to all my grills/smokers from a photo album on my Google+ account. I'm up to 20 grills/smokers now. I forgot to mention a few in my original post above. ;)

https://plus.google.com/photos/111306468337065000800/albums/5808426890932164689

Dee...I'll have to look into that gathering. I'm a Stay-at-home Dad so that makes it hard for me to get away from the house for trips sometimes, but I'll definitely look into it. :) Thanks for the heads up on that!

~Jay Prince
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:09:41 PM by PrinceofQ32178 »
• Lg Grill Dome • Jr. Akorn • GMG DB • GMG DC • Char-Broil GRILL2GO X200 • Cook-Air • Element Portable • OptiGrill • Napoleon Kettle Grill • 14.5 WSM • Weber Genesis Silver B •

Offline Pappymn

Hi from Greenville, SC
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

Welcome from Minnesota. Would love to see a pic of your arsenal......must have a huge deck ???

I have pics of them individually, but not together since half are in a storage unit and some are at my parents house and then some at my house. I had my back patio covered in grills and my wife decided it wasn't a good idea any more lol. Sometimes you have to give a little I guess lol. ;)

Below is a direct link to all my grills/smokers from a photo album on my Google+ account. I'm up to 20 grills/smokers now. I forgot to mention a few in my original post above. ;)

https://plus.google.com/photos/111306468337065000800/albums/5808426890932164689

Dee...I'll have to look into that gathering. I'm a Stay-at-home Dad so that makes it hard for me to get away from the house for trips sometimes, but I'll definitely look into it. :) Thanks for the heads up on that!

~Jay Prince

Just awesome pics. You have some cool stuff I have never seen before.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline PrinceofQ32178

• Greenville, SC
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »
Thanks Pappy! I've been very blessed to get almost all of those sent to me for review. :)
• Lg Grill Dome • Jr. Akorn • GMG DB • GMG DC • Char-Broil GRILL2GO X200 • Cook-Air • Element Portable • OptiGrill • Napoleon Kettle Grill • 14.5 WSM • Weber Genesis Silver B •

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
Hi from Greenville, SC
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 10:18:44 PM »
Welcome aboard, from south Texas.

Mike
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 10:29:58 PM »
Welcome from Brandon, Manitoba
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 10:32:47 PM »
Damn! Now I can point this thread to Kimmie and she can get off my back for having 14 cookers!  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »
Dang! Nice arsenal of cooking equipment!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline pz

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 12:12:45 AM »
Welcome from North Idaho, Jay!

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 05:51:03 AM »
Greetings from North Texas.  Too bad I don't cover Greenville for work anymore.  I'd have to come over and help you review those toys.  :D
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline PrinceofQ32178

• Greenville, SC
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 08:58:18 AM »
Damn! Now I can point this thread to Kimmie and she can get off my back for having 14 cookers!  ;)

Yeah my wife didn't like all the cookers everywhere, but she does love all the yummy food I cook on them. ;)

Dang! Nice arsenal of cooking equipment!

Thanks! :)

Greetings from North Texas.  Too bad I don't cover Greenville for work anymore.  I'd have to come over and help you review those toys.  :D

I could definitely use an extra hand sometimes when I'm working on them. My dad does help me quite a bit with them. I really enjoy having his help and the time we get to spend together.

Another reason I enjoy it is because it helps me deal with the loss of my little brother who was killed in Iraq. Grilling and smoking helps me to relax and enjoy life.

Here's a great picture of my brother right before he was KIA by an IED in Iraq.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
So sorry to hear about your brother.  That is an AWESOME picture.

P.S. Just seeing the SC title has me craving some mustard sauce and hash in the worst way.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline PrinceofQ32178

• Greenville, SC
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 09:40:43 AM »
So sorry to hear about your brother.  That is an AWESOME picture.

P.S. Just seeing the SC title has me craving some mustard sauce and hash in the worst way.

Thanks! It's one of my favorite pictures of him from Iraq. Yeah it has been really hard for my family and I dealing with his loss. He was a great guy and an awesome brother! :)

We do have some great hash around these parts. ;) I also love a good mustard base BBQ Sauce as well!

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome!!!

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »
My heart goes out to you and your family along with a debt of gratitude Jay. It is easy for us here in the USA in "insulate" ourselves from the reality of the world around us sometimes.  Too easy to forget that whether or not we agree with politicians - young men and women pay the price for decisions made on our behalf.

I love the SC hash and mustard sauce as well...My wife love the mustard sauce so much - that she made me come up with 2 recipes for it...One has peanut butter in it. :D Goes great with pork and chicken!

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline PrinceofQ32178

• Greenville, SC
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »
My heart goes out to you and your family along with a debt of gratitude Jay. It is easy for us here in the USA in "insulate" ourselves from the reality of the world around us sometimes.  Too easy to forget that whether or not we agree with politicians - young men and women pay the price for decisions made on our behalf.

I love the SC hash and mustard sauce as well...My wife love the mustard sauce so much - that she made me come up with 2 recipes for it...One has peanut butter in it. :D Goes great with pork and chicken!

T

Thanks man! I really appreciate that! He died too young, but will always be my Hero!

Let me know if you are able to share those 2 recipes. I'm always looking for new sauce recipes to try. :) My wife also loves mustard base sauces as well. The one with PB sounds really good!

Thanks again for the kind words!

~Jay

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
+1 on getting the mustard sauce w/PB recipe.