Author Topic: Blackstone Patio Oven aka my pizza oven  (Read 16482 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Blackstone Patio Oven aka my pizza oven
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 09:54:24 PM »
Sorry Deb, the pizzas look KILLER!!!!!!!!
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »
Deb that is a really cool pizza oven. I like how the stone rotates and 60,000 BTUs ought to heat that up ;)

This might be something I buy in the future. Perhaps for my birthday. First thing I would do is convert it to run on natural gas 8)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 11:02:34 PM »
Your pizzas look fantastic but at some time I really would like to talk dough? And what forum ya,all hang

"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Old Dave

• Wood & Charcoal is the only Fuel
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 12:15:27 AM »
I also purchased a Blackstone oven a couple of months ago but haven't got around to using it. We have  been working on another option for our bread and pizza and will probably try the new oven in a few weeks.

Mine arrived with a broken lower stone and a few other minor problems that were easily fixed and the company did send out a replacement stone so I am ready to give mine a try.

Here is a picture of my unit and if you look close, you can see that it has the lower stone broken.

Dave
Old Dave
Ribs & Bibs Competition Cooking Team

3 Backwoods--3 Big Green Eggs--2 Char-Broils
1 Cobb--1 Original Fast Eddy Pellet Cooker
1 Traeger & 2 Green Mountain Pellet Cookers
1 Genuswine Rotisserie Smoker--2 Hasty Bakes
1 Orion Cooker--6 Webers--Several Homebuilts

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 01:12:22 AM »
Cool.  Might be s good stepping stone to a real one. 
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline Wing Commander

• Visit my BBQ-Blog!
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 02:18:57 AM »
Wow, all that pizza looks mighty fine. Congrats on that new toy!

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 05:07:20 AM »
Do you deliver Deb?  ;D  I'll take one of the NY style ones.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline deb415611

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 07:11:16 AM »
thanks everyone

That's fantastic! I have a Blackstone Grill - love it. This looks like a great addition. Maybe I should ask for a "late (2 day)" birthday present...  8) 8)
Looks like a lot of fun!

absolutely ask for a late birthday present , you would love it

Now, that's a nice pizza oven.

I know I sound cheap, I think $400 is a little high but then again I have been out of work for the last 6 weeks (so take that in to account)  :(     But once I get back up and going I may take  a closer look

tommy, sorry to hear that you have been out of work, I hope things change quickly.   I have been wanting a wood fired oven for 3 to 5 grand so I'm loving this because the other wasn't happening.  It is not exactly the same but is producing some pies that are as close to wfo as i'm going to get without the wfo. 

also, anyone that thinks about getting one look around a little, I know groupon had it for $349 last week, don't know if it's still going, I paid $369 for mine

Deb that is a really cool pizza oven. I like how the stone rotates and 60,000 BTUs ought to heat that up ;)

This might be something I buy in the future. Perhaps for my birthday. First thing I would do is convert it to run on natural gas 8)

I jumped the first time i lit it, it's loud.   some people have talked about converting it, i'm not sure if they have yet

Your pizzas look fantastic but at some time I really would like to talk dough? And what forum ya,all hang
pizzamaking.com

I also purchased a Blackstone oven a couple of months ago but haven't got around to using it. We have  been working on another option for our bread and pizza and will probably try the new oven in a few weeks.

Mine arrived with a broken lower stone and a few other minor problems that were easily fixed and the company did send out a replacement stone so I am ready to give mine a try.

Here is a picture of my unit and if you look close, you can see that it has the lower stone broken.

Dave

i used mine with the broken stone for the first few bakes,  I did not put on the side shelves, I didn't think I would use them

Cool.  Might be s good stepping stone to a real one.

exactly - spending the money on a real one is a huge investment,  this obviously is much simpler but gives an idea if you will like the pizza coming out.  the interesting thing though is that some people who own wfo have been buying these becuase it's a quick heat up time and not a few hours for the wfo

Do you deliver Deb?  ;D  I'll take one of the NY style ones.
   sure , be right over,  I did deliver some excess trial pies to my neighbor , they were very happy

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 08:25:32 AM »
Pizzas look awesome Deb! I like the look of that cooker.. might have to get me one of those.
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 08:40:09 AM »
I think I like that oven..how big is the opening? height & width. Thinking of making other stuffs too , like bread, etc. I'm making 15 lbs of dough for pizzas on the beach this Sunday. I use cast iron over charcoal and hardwood. Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 08:44:01 AM »

WOW, nice.        Super hungry now......   :)

Offline Hub

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 08:55:05 AM »
Its time for breakfast and here I am looking at your fabulous pizzas.  I don't have a single thing in the house that would even approach a good pizza.  Guess I'll settle for bacon and eggs  ::)

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 09:25:32 AM »
Bacon and egg pizza is real good..specially if you use hash browns for the crust, and a lil sausage gravy on top,  just sayin.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 01:37:56 PM »
Bacon and egg pizza is real good..specially if you use hash browns for the crust, and a lil sausage gravy on top,  just sayin.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ

I love you.   ;) 

deb, I was showing my wife your pizza oven.  she is now checking them out.  my wife makes a lot of bread and pies.  oh, I bet you could do a real nice pie in one of those turned down low.  meatloaf, peanut butter or oatmeal cookies, French toast, bacon, more cookies.  how many hours have you use it for on how much gas.  I didn't say that right but you understand right?  I think its cool.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline deb415611

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 05:29:19 PM »
I think I like that oven..how big is the opening? height & width. Thinking of making other stuffs too , like bread, etc. I'm making 15 lbs of dough for pizzas on the beach this Sunday. I use cast iron over charcoal and hardwood. Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ

I'll measure when it stops raining but it's not real high.  The reason is to keep the heat down to cook the top of the pizza as fast as the bottom.  Also, the flame is on the right side of the oven and goes up and across the top some  to mimic a woodfired oven.  The stone is either 16 1/2 or 17 inches, the opening width is probably 16.   

I have seen someone do a small round loaf of bread. 

I want to be at your beach Sunday 8)