Author Topic: Blackstone Patio Oven aka my pizza oven  (Read 16480 times)

Offline deb415611

Re: Blackstone Patio Oven aka my pizza oven
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 05:33:26 PM »
Bacon and egg pizza is real good..specially if you use hash browns for the crust, and a lil sausage gravy on top,  just sayin.   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ

I love you.   ;) 

deb, I was showing my wife your pizza oven.  she is now checking them out.  my wife makes a lot of bread and pies.  oh, I bet you could do a real nice pie in one of those turned down low.  meatloaf, peanut butter or oatmeal cookies, French toast, bacon, more cookies.  how many hours have you use it for on how much gas.  I didn't say that right but you understand right?  I think its cool.

Spark, I'm not sure yet on the gas , I haven't kept track but I did two 9 pizza bakes which is probably 2 hours each and 4 or 5 other 1-3 pizza sessions , so probably 5 or 6 hours, I haven't lifted it lately so don't know if it's close to gone.  You are welcome to come check, i'm going to wait , it's pouring :P     

I have seen meatloaf, someone did drumsticks last night, some casseroles.  you can get the heat down but you have to turn the regulator knob down on the tank, I haven't tried it yet.

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 02:32:57 AM »
Ya this thing sounds cool.  Pizza look great. 

How heavy is it?  Thing that I am not liking about wood fire oven is they are usually so big. 

how do they do in the rain.  Live in the Pacific NW and it does rain here from time to time.  any cracking of the stones with moisture if it heats up too quickly.  I don't mind the rain and will be cooking in it. 
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline deb415611

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 06:49:52 AM »
Ya this thing sounds cool.  Pizza look great. 

How heavy is it?  Thing that I am not liking about wood fire oven is they are usually so big. 

how do they do in the rain.  Live in the Pacific NW and it does rain here from time to time.  any cracking of the stones with moisture if it heats up too quickly.  I don't mind the rain and will be cooking in it.

I think shipping weight was 115 lbs , it's not too bad.   I didn't put the side shelves on and it really doesn't take up much space, even with the shelves it would be a little less space than a gas grill. Though I then added a 4 ft table to the deck so I have plenty of room to prep.   It comes apart pretty easily and I think that if I took off the top and took out the stones and turntable I could throw it in my car by myself. 

Rain issue is still to be seen, I used it once when it wasn't raining hard with good luck, I worry about the stone cracking from the moisture. 

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 07:16:09 AM »
looks great pizza .
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline deb415611

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 07:46:21 AM »
I think I like that oven..how big is the opening? height & width. Thinking of making other stuffs too , like bread, etc. I'm making 15 lbs of dough for pizzas on the beach this Sunday. I use cast iron over charcoal and hardwood. Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ

top of stone to top is about 4 1/4 in center, about 16" wide,  I think stone is 17"

I took a pic last night, the burner is on the side to mimic a wfo and the flame climes up the side and a little across the top

Offline Sam3

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 08:12:23 AM »
Wow Deb! Great looking pies!
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 01:35:41 PM »
kev man must love the new blackstone when he comes to visit.  how is old kev man?   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline deb415611

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 09:05:02 PM »
kev man must love the new blackstone when he comes to visit.  how is old kev man?   8)

sorry, missed this Sparky.  He loved the pizza from the blackstone.   Kevman is good, although a little stressed,  has a very full load of classes, is recruitment chair for his fraternity, and starting the job search since he'll be graduating this year.  I'll let him know you were asking. 

He's in charge of the Fat Tire for thanksgiving since we still don't have it here and he can buy it where he goes to school.

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2013, 12:14:14 AM »
He's in charge of the Fat Tire for thanksgiving since we still don't have it here and he can buy it where he goes to school.

he is graduating already.  wow, did time fly.  tell him I was thinking about him.  don't let him be cheap w/ the FT.  tell him to bring home at least 3 cases of the goodness.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66