Author Topic: Back to Charcoal  (Read 1619 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Back to Charcoal
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 11:32:16 AM »
The pellet cookers were excellent.   But I went to pellet cookers for my family. At this stage of my life, it is now about me. I am cooking on what I want to and what fuel source I want to use. If the family don't like it, more leftovers for me during the week...... 8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 04:47:40 PM »
I really like the pellet smoker. For a real short cook of 1 1/2 hours for a Tri Tip or for a gigantic cook of 15 to 20 hours for a pork butt or brisket, the pellet smoker is great. It takes the fatigue out of the effort. For a cook from 5 hours to 8 hours, the wood smoker is just plain fun for me.

And, the quality of food is excellent.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »
I really like the pellet smoker. For a real short cook of 1 1/2 hours for a Tri Tip or for a gigantic cook of 15 to 20 hours for a pork butt or brisket, the pellet smoker is great. It takes the fatigue out of the effort. For a cook from 5 hours to 8 hours, the wood smoker is just plain fun for me.

And, the quality of food is excellent.

Ed
I'm like that with my Komodo, it'll run 10-15 hours with little input.......what's the fun in that? But sometimes for fitting the time you need a " Set it & Forget it" smoker.
Most of the time I use my " add a chunk of wood every 45 min or beer whichever comes first" smoker ::)
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 08:24:22 PM »
That is what I missed the most LA. I would fire up the pooper and then have to do chores. If I had nothing to do it was boring. I got tired of hearing the fan constantly running. I want to build and control the fire again.......
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32