Author Topic: I did it!!!!! Pizza on the Weber Kettle!!!!!  (Read 2004 times)

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Re: I did it!!!!! Pizza on the Weber Kettle!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 01:33:01 AM »
Thanks Ed! (regarding Reply #12)
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline pz

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 01:37:34 AM »
Good job!  Glad that you have it worked out!  ;)

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 02:55:01 AM »

I have a very simple video camera made by Samsung. It cost less than $100.00 from Dell on sale. I purchased a fairly good software product from Corel called Video Studio Pro 6. They have one called the "Ultimate" which has a few more bells and whistles that I don't even know what they are. I picked this product after searching on google for the "top ten video editing software". It rated it as number 2 and it was best for fairly easy to use. The highest, I think was Roxio NXT. I did not know it but I have that product as well on the same desk top. And after looking at it, I am glad that I did get Corel's product for ease of use. I edit the software, optimize it, and upload to YouTube. This process now takes me about one hour to complete from the time that I load the video from the camera to the completion of the YouTube upload. I also load the software on a 3 terabyte network drive attached to my router for backup and safe keeping. Since I have a Samsung Smart TV with "AllShare" on it, I can network the TV wireless, through the Router and pick up all network attached drives with the data. I then select the drive, the video, and hit play. Then I can playback any movie that I have stored on any of the network drives including these videos that I create. It is nice to see them on a 55 inch screen. And, I do not have to leave my chair. Good stuff, huh? Who'd a thought that this would be real, 25 years ago, except a guy who was deploying technology all over N. Viet Nam, S Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia, and Ho Chi Minh Trail 46 years ago.

I am looking at a more sophisticated camera at this point. The color on this small model is not accurate. Inside the house, with flourescent lighting, everything is yellow and sometimes this occurs outside as well. I am looking at a Canon HF 40 or 42. When I was able to walk, my wife and I, video taped all of hikes and travels across northern New Mexico and the rest of the Rockies. Today, I pull up those videos and we watch our walks through some of the most beautiful country in the world. I hope to do this again in one year.

Ed

Hi, Ed. Another great video. You and Jaxon are head to head in the art of video presentations. If I may, let me point you in the direction of a cheap inexpensive video editing program called Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 12. It's a little over $100 and can do almost everything that the professional editing suites can do....and it is very simple to operate and it has color correction for shots that might not have been lighted properly or for poor camera luminance. If you like, you can try a free 30 day trial of almost every major video editing program to see if you like it and it can do what you want it to do. A word to the wise...Roxio doesn't normally play well with other programs on your computer. As far as lighting goes, Lowe's and Home Depot sell flourescent bulbs that have a color temperature of 6500K. They will give your videos natural light inside and help single sensor cheap inexpensive cameras. And speaking of cameras, the most important factor in picking out a new camera is low light sensitvity. They all produce good video outside in bright sunlight, but when you get in darker environments, you need low lux capability. The better the low light sensitivity, the less color correction you will need to do. Good luck on your video pursuits. Also, your pizza looks delicious.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 05:03:34 AM »
Congrats!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 08:13:46 AM »
Very nice! I'm sure we will see many more pizzas from you now!
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 08:21:34 AM »
Great job getting it figured out.  It took me a few tries on my Weber kettle too. The pizza sure looks yummy.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Hub

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 05:38:51 PM »
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

Homer Simpson

Nice job VOD

My hero!

DOUGH!
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC