Author Topic: Managing a Wood Fire on a Wood Smoker  (Read 1176 times)

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
Managing a Wood Fire on a Wood Smoker
« Reply #-1 on: September 09, 2013, 02:16:44 PM »
This video is really and adjustment to a video that I already posted titled "Starting a Wood Fire". When I originally posted this video, cut segments from it to reduce the length of the video but it still could not be brought down to the length that would keep an attention span unless you were seriously interesting in learning the process. This video is meant to be an instructional video for those folk who are new to the process of wood smoking and illustrates how to start a fire in a wood smoker as well as how to manage a wood fire in a wood smoker.

After reviewing a number of videos on YouTube, I learned how to start and manage a fire in a wood smoker. But there were a lot of gaps and through trial and error, and just plain getting experience, I have learned how to start and manage a wood fire on the Yoder Cheyenne wood smoker.  ;) So this video is intended for those folks who are just getting into the process and tries to provide answers to a lot questions that do not generally get answered.

If you are not interested, then do not watch. It is lengthy and it is meant to be instructional. So, for most folks, this is a waste of time. However, someday, this forum may contain a library of videos for instruction purposes in which a series of instructional videos may reside on a variety of subject including the cooking of food products as well as the "how to use the tools" you may want to purchase or have recently purchased.

I did this primarily for Smokeasaurus, who has a lot interest in this type of information. I shared with him that I cut segments that he thought would be good so I have included those segments back into this video.

Have a great day!

Ed

An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Managing a Wood Fire on a Wood Smoker
« on: September 09, 2013, 02:26:16 PM »
Thanks for everything that you contribute to the site Ed.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Managing a Wood Fire on a Wood Smoker
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:46:25 PM »
Thanks Ed for the "Directors Cut" I will watch it often  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32