Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Electric Grills

the guilt trip does work

(1/4) > >>

sparky:
ok, well I got my daughter a blue weber performer and myself a 18 WSM.  my wife on the way to work on Tuesday comes out to the patio and said that it was very nice of me to get the girl a new weber kettle.  she ask why she didn't get a grill?  what?  when do you ever cook out here?  I would if I had my own grill.  fine, what kind of grill would you like dear?  I do miss my old weber q grill.  fine.  I will check on them.  and off she goes. 

bam, right to craigslist.  I found a brand new weber q 220 for $125.  brand new.  i emailed the guy and got his address to go pick it up around 5 pm.  ya every see a address and know it's not in the best part of town.  this one was like that.  i don't own a gun but lets just say i was prepared.  i showed up and the guy takes me out back to his shed.  he has one 220q, 320q and 4 webers kettles all in original weber boxes.  okie dokie.  deal.  i'm out of here.

looky, looky. 

fired it up.  lets cook something.

since it was my wife's new grill i got her a filet and her favorite steak seasoning. 

already made a mess.

cool.

looking good maynard.

no, its not your steak.

made up some tomaters and cheese and a fine looking filet for my wife on her new grill.

got a little butt squeeze for this one. 

muebe:
The story you told makes me think those webers were hot ???

Good looking steak Sparky and way to take care of the wife ;)

ACW3:
What a guy!!  Nice move, Sparky!!

Art

I'll bet the "butt squeeze" was worth it, too.

LostArrow:

I've bought a Q-220 & a Q-320 for kids & not only are they great grills for quik cooks but nearly indistructable
My son has had a Q220 uncovered on his deck for 6 years ( yes he had a cover at one time)
It hasn't rusted, it still lights & cooks fine , just a little faded!
Q-320 too new to judge but I expect it'll last a long time!

veryolddog:
What a nice find!

Good for you! Looks like it makes a great steak.

Ed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version