Author Topic: $325 wood fired pizza oven  (Read 5577 times)

Offline pz

$325 wood fired pizza oven
« Reply #-1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:51:06 PM »
I ran across this little gem tonight - it appears to be sold out, but appears to be a solid unit

http://uuni.net/products/uuni-pizza-oven

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:53:47 AM by pz »

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: $325 wood fired pizza oven
« on: September 26, 2013, 12:27:48 AM »
That looks pretty interesting. A nice price and good looking. I imagine you could use different pellets to add some interesting flavors to the pizzas. It looks like it could be used to make some interesting flat breads as well.

Actually, if you are a Dr. Who fan, you might notice that the side view looks a lot like K-9, the mechanical dog that Dr. Who built for Sarah Jane Smith.  ;) :D

I signed up for their newsletter, will be looking for more info. Thanks for the post, pz!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 12:33:48 AM »
That is very interesting. A pellet fueled pizza oven.  It looks like it's gravity fed with a convection fan in the rear.

I imagine you could use different pellets to add some interesting flavors to the pizzas.

Actually, if you are a Dr. Who fan, you might notice that the side view looks a lot like K-9, the mechanical dog that Dr. Who built for Sarah Jane Smith.  ;) :D

BBQ'rs Delight makes a savory herb pellet blend that makes absolutely incredible pizza.  When using them your whole yard smells like a pizzeria.

And yes, it does kind of remind me of K-9. :) Hey, do you suppose the pizza oven is bigger on the inside? ;)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:46:04 AM by TentHunteR »
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline txpops

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 12:40:58 AM »
I don't think it's sold out. It let me put one in my shopping cart. The pizza peel is sold out but not the oven.

Original Bradley smoker w/dual element mod
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil Beesr
Outdoor Gourmet Pellet Grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator

Offline pz

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 12:59:10 AM »
... Hey, do you suppose the pizza oven is bigger on the inside? ;)

;D ;D ;D

Offline pz

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 01:23:31 AM »
It is difficult to believe that it makes good pizza, but the video makes it look good - less than 4 minutes to bake a pie.  I wish he would have shown a money shot - close enough for us to see the deliciousness.  ;D

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 01:29:44 AM »
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 01:36:56 AM »
It is difficult to believe that it makes good pizza, but the video makes it look good - less than 4 minutes to bake a pie.  I wish he would have shown a money shot - close enough for us to see the deliciousness.  ;D
I don't know - granted I am usually a sucker for new stuff (cooking or otherwise) I have a whole room full of new stuff. But a wood fired oven is "simply" a device that allows for heating the floor of the oven as well as the top of the dome. This allows the pizza to cook quickly and evenly (although you may have to spin the pizza to keep it even.) Looking at the video (and if you go to the You Tube video that pz referenced and look for the original video of the prototype...) you'll see that the "fire" seems to wrap around the pizza. He also shows a bit of a money shot. I think it could work. Maybe this IS the "It's bigger on the inside" part of it...  ;) ;D ;D
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 01:44:14 AM »
... I am usually a sucker for new stuff (cooking or otherwise) I have a whole room full of new stuff. ..
You and me both, my friend!  ;D

I'll need to look for more YouTube videos, because this is definitely something that I'd have interest in - the masonry oven does not work that well during the cold/wet of winter.  Sure, you can bake pizza, but it is just not the same.

Is this the video to which you are referring?  This one does show a great pizza with a very crisp crust - quite the money shot.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:53:31 AM by pz »

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 01:59:04 AM »
Here is the uuni Kickstarter page - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tapaninaho/uuni-a-small-fast-and-affordable-wood-fired-pizza
They did get their funding goal.
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 02:07:07 AM »
That's great!  The video you provided is further evidence that this is a solid unit.  Thanks for posting  ;)

Even though I have the masonry unit, I might consider this baby for use during winter.  Don't get me wrong, I dearly love my masonry unit for use in summer, but it does not work that well when the weather is cold and wet.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 04:03:53 AM »
Interesting cooker.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 07:45:26 AM »
I checked the price and it is $329 plus $28 to ship to me.

After seeing the interior and how the flame is overlapping the pie I really like it.

A battery powered rotating stone would put it over the top ;)

And it appears to be very portable.

I don't think that it will make too much a difference what flavor pellets you use with that amount of flame however.

And where does it vent?
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Sam3

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »
It looks interesting for sure.
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »
Danngit pz! You show me this! ;)

Well I was going to buy the Blackstone pizza oven but I was thinking about where the heck would I put the thing? No room under my patio cover anymore.

So I start watching the videos on this thing and was very impressed with it's simplicity and how it works.

And how portable it is. Runs on a set of batteries for 8 hours.

And it is wood fired with pellets! I got pellets plenty of pellets ;)

Then I see he takes Paypal. Ohhhh! 6 months same-as-cash! Even better!

So I placed my order this morning.

Dang you pz!!!!!!!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven