Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Photography and Food!

While we're talking photogs...lemme ask this

<< < (2/2)

TentHunteR:

--- Quote from: pz on January 15, 2014, 01:31:53 PM ---When I want a pic to display in a certain size in a post, I just capture the share url in Picasa, and change the forum's image tag (second row of buttons, first button on the left) to read whatever I want the image width to be.  For example this is how the first part of the image tag looks like when the button is clicked:

Now, if you want to change the size on the fly simply type in the width parameter like this:

[img width=400] will display a thumbnail 400 pixels wide - if a member is interested in seeing the picture larger, just click on it and it jumps to full size - click it again, and it returns to the thumbnail

[img width=200] will display at 200 pixels wide, and so on

--- End quote ---

If you're using Picasa for hosting, there's an easy undocumented way to change the size after you paste the [lMG] code.

If you look at the [lMG] code url, you will see a tag with an "s" followed by a number, like this:

[lMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-i0vop3XuVBY/UtNz7lGP3RI/AAAAAAAAGXU/gYc3EtZxvqI/s800/BAV07.JPG[/lMG]

This is what tells Picasa's server how to scale the photo. The number represents the pixel width or height (whichever is greater). Change the number and it will be scaled accordingly.  You can use this trick in combo with the "width=X" trick as well to set both the preview and full view sizes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version