Author Topic: Leftover Serbian loin sandwich and potatoes  (Read 659 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Leftover Serbian loin sandwich and potatoes
« Reply #-1 on: July 11, 2014, 01:22:55 AM »
Jul 10 2014

A little bit of work about wore me out today! After getting my front flower bed redone by a landscaper I wanted to change to mulch under my two trees to match. Over the years I had been using shredded Cyprus but it got to where they added too many wood chips and I was getting tire of mowing over those that washed into the grass. I had not added any for a few years and was surprised how much was there yet.

Me and the dog went this AM and got a scoop of brown mulch in my truck. After my daily call to my 92 yr. old Mom and some lunch I started on the mulch. I had most already picked up under the one tree but still got a wheelbarrow load from it. I got 3+ loads from under the other tree. I was moving it to a rear flower bed. Of course there were beer breaks. I think I averaged a beer per wheelbarrow load! I finished about 4:00 and cleaned up then had some rest before supper.

I wanted something quick and easy for supper. I had plenty of the Serbian stuffed loin left so cut two nice slices off for our supper. I vacuum sealed the rest and froze for later.

I had a bag of Green Giant back yard griller potato steamers that would make a quick side. I toasted some nuns for the sandwiches and had two nice slices of tomatoes left to have. My wife had mustard and dill pickle on her sandwich. I had some of my cheese spread and a slice of Vidalia onion on mine. I reheated the pork loin in the microwave while the potatoes were resting.

The sandwiches were great, moist and tender, and surprisingly the nuked potatoes were pretty good too. So with some good leftover meat and a frozen side you can whip up a pretty good meal in about 20 minutes!

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Leftover Serbian loin sandwich and potatoes
« on: July 11, 2014, 01:28:23 AM »
All looks great, but that tomato color is the best.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:29:33 AM »
Looking good, love that slice of tomato.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 01:18:05 PM »
It all looks and sounds great. I could have a plate of those tomato slices!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #