Author Topic: New Charbroil T22D Gourmet - Burner Mixture Question  (Read 9180 times)

Offline grillboy47

New Charbroil T22D Gourmet - Burner Mixture Question
« Reply #-1 on: February 10, 2014, 10:42:36 PM »
Hey folks,

Need to tap on the Charbroil knowledge out there.  On my new T22D Gourmet from HD I've noticed that there is a pretty good amount of yellow flame from the burners when the trough is in place.  I first noticed it when I cooked at night and saw yellow flickering coming from the front gap where the trough sits on the edge of the firebox.  I peeked in through the matchlight holes left and right and sure enough there was more yellow than I liked on both burners.  The grill heats up to (dome) 500 indicated in about 15 minutes and will hit 650 indicated if I leave it on clean / max for 25 or 30 minutes.    I put a cheap grate thermometer on there when it was running flat out for 30 minutes and it read 625.  However, I'm greedy I guess in that my thought is if it were burning better it'd be making a little more heat / maybe heat up a bit quicker.

I did a test of lighting it up without the trough in place and lid open - has nearly all blue flame with virtually no yellow at all except on the bigger jet holes where the crossover / bridge sits.  I've already pulled a burner tube in the hopes of seeing an adjustable shutter to fiddle with the mixture but all I see is a bunch of tiny rings of pin holes near the end of the burner tube where the venturi is.  Am I missing something on the valve body itself behind the control panel where I could tinker with the mixture or am I out of luck on this one?

Thanks all,
GB47