Author Topic: Do you own a Smoke Pistol?  (Read 7834 times)

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
Do you own a Smoke Pistol?
« Reply #-1 on: February 18, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »
  For those that own a Smoke Daddy Smoke Pistol or a product similar.
Would you recommend it?
Would you build one instead of buying?  If so how important is the air pump?  I wondered if an Amazing Smoker tube in a pipe vented at the bottom would pull enough air to supply smoke and not burn out. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Do you own a Smoke Pistol?
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:35:44 AM »
I have a Smoke Pistol but really not worth the $$$  sad to say.  They are hard to light and get going, but once you do you have to use the entire fill pack that has the pellets so not very cost effective. 

They do work once you get them going (pain in the *ss to get them going) But  I would go with and   www.amazenproducts.com tube or box before spending that kinda $$$ again.     
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »
I have a Smoke Pistol but really not worth the $$$  sad to say.  They are hard to light and get going, but once you do you have to use the entire fill pack that has the pellets so not very cost effective. 

They do work once you get them going (pain in the *ss to get them going) But  I would go with and   www.amazenproducts.com tube or box before spending that kinda $$$ again.   

Yup what TMB said

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:29:19 PM »
I have the 8" smoke daddy that I added to a 32 qt. Coleman cooler that I modded. The fish tank pump attaches to the smoke daddy to move the air. It has a top and bottom on it with a mesh across the bottom to load with the chips pucks or whatever..I didn't have any pellets the last time I used it. You just take the bottom off and I hit it with a propane torch..it works great only takes a minute, but I'm standing when I do it. I can attach it to anything, but did not wanna drill a hole into the srg or tbe or beesr, so I have a 6" smoke tube. the smoke daddy comes in different sizes with about a 2" wide tube, maybe 3", a top and a bottom, with the grate to hold your pellets etc..and a hole with an adapter for the airline tube so it goes right across the smoke as it enters the cooler. I like it.  Pammie   .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »
Got tossed years ago. PITA
AMZNPS is 1000x better
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 01:12:56 PM »
 Thanks!  I'll take the advice and go with the AS. I can work on a design for it that will pump smoke into my SRG.  Or just stick in there...

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 02:04:29 PM »
Thanks!  I'll take the advice and go with the AS. I can work on a design for it that will pump smoke into my SRG.  Or just stick in there...
Terry, I got what you need mater of fact you got one  ;)    Try it in the SRG before going with a Smoke Daddy
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline Sandman

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 02:13:40 PM »
I have a smoke daddy. It never worked well for me. Now the  A-MAZE-N-TUBE-SMOKER  is the way to go. I have the 18" but it won't fit in my Bradley, so I ordered the 12" the other day.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 02:35:05 PM »

Terry. Here is the thread that shows my installation of a Smoke Daddy on the Big Easy. I imagine it would work for the SRG also...

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=86.0
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 03:08:35 PM »
  The SRG has a hole in the side where the smoke from the smoke box is suppose to flow into the unit.  I'm thinking a side mount gadget piped into that hole will work.  Maybe using the AS I can make a pipe unit that will feed smoke in. Hopefully with out the air pump...
 Tommy, I tried to thing you gave me but could not keep it lit. But maybe I did not lite it enough in the first place. Will give it another go.   It does work in my other smoker just fine.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 06:06:19 PM »
  The SRG has a hole in the side where the smoke from the smoke box is suppose to flow into the unit.  I'm thinking a side mount gadget piped into that hole will work.  Maybe using the AS I can make a pipe unit that will feed smoke in. Hopefully with out the air pump...
 Tommy, I tried to thing you gave me but could not keep it lit. But maybe I did not lite it enough in the first place. Will give it another go.   It does work in my other smoker just fine.
Lite it and let it go for 5 to 7 mins first then drop I in.  Never failed for me once I did that
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker