Author Topic: M3 Rubbed Bison Ribeyes  (Read 3257 times)

Offline hikerman

Re: M3 Rubbed Bison Ribeyes
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 07:18:55 PM »
Quote from: drholly linktopic=8799.msg125729#msg125729 date=1401314533
Those are fine looking steaks. Stay on the rare side and bison is some fantastic meat! Growing up in ND - we had bison burgers and steaks on a regular basis. I do like the mix of M3 and WOW - saw it in another post and started trying it. Really good. The best part - these don't have much salt - so you can mix them without getting blasted by salt. I really like that!

Please excuse the rookie question but . . . . . . . what is M3 and WOW -  I see a lot of reference to them here in multiple posts.  My interest is peaked with the "these don't have much salt" so many rubs are loaded with salt.  Thanks.
Smoker, M3 and Way Out West  are sold by Savor Spices. They are a sponsor of this site. The whole lineup is top shelf.
Go to the sponsor section of the forum and their website is listed. Or click on the banner across the top of the forum page.

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 10:54:06 PM »
Quote from: drholly linktopic=8799.msg125729#msg125729 date=1401314533
Those are fine looking steaks. Stay on the rare side and bison is some fantastic meat! Growing up in ND - we had bison burgers and steaks on a regular basis. I do like the mix of M3 and WOW - saw it in another post and started trying it. Really good. The best part - these don't have much salt - so you can mix them without getting blasted by salt. I really like that!

Please excuse the rookie question but . . . . . . . what is M3 and WOW -  I see a lot of reference to them here in multiple posts.  My interest is peaked with the "these don't have much salt" so many rubs are loaded with salt.  Thanks.
Smoker, M3 and Way Out West  are sold by Savor Spices. They are a sponsor of this site. The whole lineup is top shelf.
Go to the sponsor section of the forum and their website is listed. Or click on the banner across the top of the forum page.

Gene has given you the correct information except I believe M3 is in the development stage and was given to members by Tim for testing so not available for purchase from the website as far as I know...
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 10:59:40 PM »
We have not developed a label for it yet....But - will still del it to individuals as long as we can get feedback to help finish developing the product.

It is looking like blending it with W.O.W is really getting popular. And...there is another blend that we make for a "known professional" competitor that I have experimented blending with W.O.W....really - really good....

More stuff coming as soon as I can justify artwork, graphics, label design and printing. Amazing what that part of it costs.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 12:33:05 AM »

It is looking like blending it with W.O.W is really getting popular.

oh ya.  M3 is a great rub/marinade.  i use m3 w/ wow on ribs, steaks and burgers.  fantastic on everything i use both of them on.  i really love the savor spice line.  its a fine grind rubs that soak into the proteins and are very low on salt.  my favorites are bbq savor, wow, chicken savor, super pig. steak savor and love FSB.  all are excellent products that i use every week.   8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 01:27:04 PM »
I agree with sparky. I really like the full line. My favorites though are WOW and M-3. My daughter likes using Mo' Rockin Chicken - she says it's perfect on everything. We all like the low salt - we can use salt as a seasoning to our taste, not worry about the rub.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #