Author Topic: Mission Grill Company  (Read 19356 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Mission Grill Company
« Reply #-1 on: May 24, 2014, 11:09:37 PM »
I figured I would make do with the Old Smokey until we got to Bama. So today we were at OSH to get a hummingbird feeder and some weed and feed and I just had to cut through the Que section on the way to checkout.

I stumbled across a heavy duty charcoal grill with a fit and finish I have not seen in a pit at the hardware stores. This grill reminds me of a CB940X with a crank adjustable charcoal tray. Very thick steel and everything lined up nice with cast iron grates. Has a full length ash tray and four very precise air vents (2 on the body and 2 on the lid.

This grill has a large capacity and will make a great (indirect) smoker. I figure I can do 4 butts on the cooking grates and the warming rack will hold 2 more. The grates are 22 inches deep so big spare ribs will not be an issue. Good lid clearance so stand up chickens will be no problem.

Wendy said we could get it and it can go with us to Bama and we can use it until we get settled and I get a monster grill/smoker..........today was part of no sale tax weekend.....50.00 additional off so it was 249.00 out the door. I told the store manager I wanted the floor model because of how nice it was and he said go for it.

Smoochy is very pleased and Wendy has a pork butt rubbed down with pork stank for tomorrow mornings cook. Got the pit all seasoned up this afternoon.

Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline hikerman

Re: Mission Grill Company
« on: May 24, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »
Hey that's a beauty Smoke! You're right it does resemble a 940X. You should have a lot of room for a lot of cooks on that beast!  Nice job buddy!   8)

Smoke's back in the saddle again..........

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 11:20:03 PM »
Nice looking grill Smoke!!!

Should be a good addition to your cooking arsenal ;)

It may even hold up to a TendaRub cook!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »
nice grill partner.  i like the looks of it. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 11:36:23 PM »
Nice looking grill Smoke!!!

Should be a good addition to your cooking arsenal ;)

It may even hold up to a TendaRub cook!

I don't think a Weber could even stand up to a Tendarub cook...... ??? ???
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 12:12:16 AM »
Looking forward to the proof of concept pics.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 12:35:57 AM »
Nice score, Smoke!!  That looks like it will cook a lot of anything you want.  Remember, nmo unicorns!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 12:38:47 AM »
Great looking grill look forward to pictures of what is cooked on it.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 01:30:06 AM »
Nice looking grill, Smoke. Looks well thought out and nicely built. Price seems pretty reasonable as well. Have fun and send pics.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 02:42:17 AM »
Hey Smoke, Trying to find some info about this grill, but no luck. DO they have a website?
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 07:06:13 AM »
Nice looking grill Smoke!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 08:15:06 AM »
Damn good looking cooker.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 10:14:30 AM »
Hey Smoke, Trying to find some info about this grill, but no luck. DO they have a website?

Howdy D-Holly  :)      I can not find there site either. I checked on Orchard Supply Hardwares site and nothing as well. I called OSH for ya and they said this model is made for them, but I betcha other outfits have it.

Now K-Mart offers a similar grill which I have seen but it is smaller and not near as heavy duty as the Mission Grill. This grill is easily 200 lbs.
http://www.kmart.com/bbq-pro-deluxe-charcoal-grill/p-028W004651145001P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

Here is the toll free number I got off of the assembly instructions   888-891-6638    maybe they can tell us if other retail outfits carry this model...it is really well made and heavy duty for the price.  The full description is" Mission Deluxe Charcoal Grill  Model# HD2030T
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Pappymn

Mission Grill Company
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 10:45:04 AM »
That unit looks great....and a great price.

Congrats!
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 11:03:46 AM »
Hi Smoke,

Thanks for the response and the information. I am guessing that whoever they are, their business model is private label - manufacturing to the re-sellers' specs. I took a look at the k-mart version (0n-line) and it sure does look similar. The problem I have with both is none are available in stores near me to look at. As I know you know - the actual fit and finish can vary dramatically. It is hard to buy on line - a pig in a poke!

I will look forward to hearing about your experiences with this grill. I am in the market for a charcoal grill with many of these features. I like my Weber and use it several times a week. I've done some field testing for a new kettle grill and use that a lot as well. As versatile as these are, I am looking for something that gives me the option for moving the charcoal / wood during the cook - like the South American grills.

So far I have been looking at the Hotbox 360+ (not adjustable during the cook, but can set up charcoal at different levels and is portable.), the Hasty Bake, Kingsford, and your Mission. Prices are all over the board and unfortunately, most cannot be looked at and touched in my area... So, I rely on folks like you that I can trust.

Again, Thanks!
Member #