Author Topic: More practice on the AKORN  (Read 3156 times)

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Re: More practice on the AKORN
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 02:16:16 AM »
I question the accuracy of this post....specifically, I question the part about Jack being a near scratch golfer.  I don't think the boy knows what a golf club it.  Deb does---she refers to them as "husband adjustment tools".  Dee

I heard it through the grapevine that Deb is pretty accurate with that 3 iron. Jaxon is learning to behave and is now adjusted appropriately.

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 10:53:43 AM »
Deb called me the other day and said since Jack has retired she now has more targets of opportunity and she is lowering her "husband adjustment" handicap.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 03:56:01 PM »
You two are too much!!

For the record, I was referring to my analogy of golf to cooking.  Some cooks are on par, others are double-edged days.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 04:07:39 PM »
You two are too much!!

For the record, I was referring to my analogy of golf to cooking.  Some cooks are on par, others are double-edged days.

I'm glad my cooking is WAY better than my golf game, I always shoot a 72, on the front nine.  ::)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline hikerman

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »

[/quote]

Hmmmm, you aren't fudging on your score sheet, are you Jaxon?  Lol!  ;D

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2014, 06:00:18 PM »
Keep in mind that Jack has a handicap of 18 and when he gives a score on his cooking it is net after applying his handicap.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 09:13:03 PM »

Hmmmm, you aren't fudging on your score sheet, are you Jaxon?  Lol!  ;D
[/quote]

I MEANT to say, "some days are double-bogey days"

For instance, today, I was about par for "the course"...that means I cooked a whole chicken and some wings in the Akorn and it all turned out - that's about par.  If it turned out pretty bad or I had a lot of problems with the cook - it would be a bogey...DOUBLE-bogey if it turned out really bad.
Now, if it turned out really good with no problems and a good day - that might be a Birdie round.  I have one of those every now and then.

Ask DRHolly about the analogy... he understands me (sometimes)
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline hikerman

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 10:17:21 PM »
Jaxon, I'm certain your cooking is always above par!  ;D

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 10:42:16 PM »

No,no, nooo. According to Jaxon's golf analogy, his cooking is always below par. (better than normal)

Offline hikerman

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2014, 10:48:13 PM »

No,no, nooo. According to Jaxon's golf analogy, his cooking is always below par. (better than normal)

:D :D :D :D