Author Topic: Fine Swine & Bovine Rubbed Ribs with Franks Red Hot Sweet Chili Glaze  (Read 646 times)

Offline hikerman

Fine Swine & Bovine Rubbed Ribs with Franks Red Hot Sweet Chili Glaze
« Reply #-1 on: June 22, 2014, 07:43:32 PM »
Well I found a nice package of fresh pork ribs at the grocery yesterday. They are cut St Louis-style and packaged with the breast bone and rib tips included! My dearest ordered me to cook up two pkgs of breasts and tips already in freezer and taking up too much space. No problem! Going to make some good beans down the road. Anyway rubbed all with FS&B, set to rest in fridge overnight. Used maple pellets in grill and in Smokin Tube. Put a pan of beans in for 2 hrs. These are Big Boy Ribs so no foil, I usually do Memphis-style dry rubbed, but today tried something different and it paid off in spades. Put a finishing glaze on using Frank's Red Hot Sweet Chili sauce. Wonderful taste......I like this stuff! Served with souped up beans and Delta Cole Slaw courtesy of Emeril Lagasse. Oh and a few Fat Tires to cook and eat by!  Enjoy the rest of Sunday folks!  8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Fantastic looking ribs and sides Gene!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Gene, that looks fantastic. Have to travel this week, but it is on the list when I get back! Thanks!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
That will work!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Wow Gene, you knocked those ribs out of the park, well done ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Smokerjunky

DANDY - great job!!!
Grand Slam Pro
Weber Summit

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
You had me at Fat Tire....and the ribs look delicious too. ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline sparky

• northern california
you have two of my favorite things.  FT and ribs.  and i must say.  you don't fool around.  those ribs look outstanding.  great pulled pack on them.  the color is perfect.  not to dark or to light.  was the glaze hot?  do ya mind sharing the the recipe you used partner?  dude, serve me up 3 bones and a bowl of beans and a big glass of milk.  please..... 8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Great looking bones.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline hikerman

you have two of my favorite things.  FT and ribs.  and i must say.  you don't fool around.  those ribs look outstanding.  great pulled pack on them.  the color is perfect.  not to dark or to light.  was the glaze hot?  do ya mind sharing the the recipe you used partner?  dude, serve me up 3 bones and a bowl of beans and a big glass of milk.  please..... 8)

Sparky you are plated!  "Do you mind sharing the recipe you used partner?"
Not at all Sparky. I used a mop sauce that was apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, a little apple cider vinegar,  and a couple T of FS&B. The glaze was simply Franks Sweet Chili. And no it was not hot. A real nice flavor. The Mrs said these were the best she's had. They were good! Best, I don't know, I always try to make the next ones the best ones!