General > Polls

Sear & Side Burner?

(1/5) > >>

Fiery Kev:
I'm a thrifty...ok cheap guy trying to decide between two tiers of the same grill, and I am torn as to whether or not I should "splurge" for the sear and side burner. I can definitely think of many uses for them, but I wonder how often I will actually use them, so I figured I'd see what other peoples feelings are about theirs or their lack thereof.

Pappymn:
I have never understood or wanted a side burner. I would save the bucks

teesquare:
Save some money. Get GrillGrates for your new grill, and forget about the sear burner - or side burner.

GusRobin:
I have both -in the 3 years I had the grill I think I used the side burner once when we lost power (electric stove in the kitchen). The sear I use but more like an extra burner. If I sear I use the griddle. I agree with Tee and say skip them and get some grill grates.

Tenpoint5:
I have both. I use the side burner for making sauces and for cooking ANYTHING that involves vinegar. Make hot sauce inside the house just once and it makes the side burner worth every penny! Even if you only use it once in a while. The sear burner is great for steaks. 700 degrees 1 1/2-2 inch thick ribeye steak 3-3-2 minutes and it is the perfect medium rare. Warmed all the way through and a nice sear on it. I like my grill grates as much as the next guy but when it comes to steaks Stripes don't make it taste any better, and at 700 degrees cast Iron will leave them as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version