General > Polls

Sear & Side Burner?

<< < (2/5) > >>

pz:
I have both, and use them frequently.  The infrared sear is perfect to finish sous vide meats, and the two side burners fit a Lodge cast iron griddle perfectly for morning eggs and hash browns (or anything else you like to use a griddle for).  However, you could also use your main burners for the cast iron, so I would say that the only essential for me in addition to the main burners is the infrared sear unit

muebe:
I used to have a side burner and did not use it that often but as Chris stated anything that might create bad odor or fumes inside the house they sure come in handy.

Also the side burner can be used to get a charcoal starter started instead of using newspaper ;)

Never had experience with a sear burner. They are infrared and get very hot but I heard the burner can get clogged up pretty easily.

Ka Honu:

--- Quote from: muebe on July 02, 2014, 11:30:10 PM ---... Also the side burner can be used to get a charcoal starter started instead of using newspaper...
--- End quote ---

Never thought of that but sounds like a Helluva good idea (except for having to uncover two grills at the same time - but the lack of newspaper ash flying around probably makes it well worth the effort).

muebe:

--- Quote from: Ka Honu on July 02, 2014, 11:41:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: muebe on July 02, 2014, 11:30:10 PM ---... Also the side burner can be used to get a charcoal starter started instead of using newspaper...
--- End quote ---

Never thought of that but sounds like a Helluva good idea (except for having to uncover two grills at the same time - but the lack of newspaper ash flying around probably makes it well worth the effort).

--- End quote ---

You cover your grill Turtle? ::)  :D

old sarge:
I have a Ducane Meridian 42 (made by Twin Eagles) and it has dual side burners. And they do get used, not very often, but they are used.  The only down side is space between the burners limits the size of the pots or pans used. They are handy, but not a must have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version