Author Topic: I got a box yesterday  (Read 2341 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: I got a box yesterday
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 02:15:02 PM »
Dang, Keymaster, I wish I would have checked Home Depot online - I went to their local store and they had no idea what I was talking about.  However, I did manage to get the $169 deal with super saver free shipping at Amazon.

You got a fantastic deal CaptJack - I wonder why I'm such a sad sack never to find those when I need them!

muebe, I'd love to be able to tap into natural gas, but being out in the country, I'm on propane.  However, I only have a gas kitchen stove on it, and even the 400lp tank lasts me 3-4 years before refill - I'd like to tap into the line and run my outdoor BBQ appliances from it rather than the little propane tanks.  Is this something that a professional gas installer should do?  I'd hate to have a leak and blow up my house.

You can have a plumber run the gas line to the back but they are not going to tell you that you cannot use your Big Easy on that line... But you can ;)

Once you get the line back there you could use a natural gas BBQ quick connect hose on your big easy to attach to your house line. And then a simple low pressure appliance regulator may or may not be needed depending on the pressure of your house line and what pressure the output of the Big Easy stock regulator is. You would not need to drill any orifices since you are still using propane. The regulator and hose would need to be removed and the natural gas hose adapted to connect to the Big Easy using some fittings you can get from any home improvement store.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline pz

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 03:12:51 PM »
Thanks muebe, I had a gut feeling that once I had a propane guy run the line from the main tank to the grill area I could then use the quick connect lines to attach the various propane devices, but was unsure - many thanks for the information!

Offline pz

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 12:01:57 AM »
Just received an email that my SRG has shipped and is en route

Can't wait!  ... am definitely going to do a turkey for Thanksgiving, but I'll practice on chicken in the meantime  ;D

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 12:46:35 AM »
Just received an email that my SRG has shipped and is en route

Can't wait!  ... am definitely going to do a turkey for Thanksgiving, but I'll practice on chicken in the meantime  ;D
Great Score pz!
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas