Author Topic: Well with help I finished 4 butts  (Read 1351 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Well with help I finished 4 butts
« Reply #-1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:34:47 PM »
With help from my son I was able to finished 4 butts for the church.  I'm not going to let a little knee surgery put me down
Boy I tell you these SRG's just keep asking for more

This puts the count to 117 !   :D   

[attachment deleted by admin]
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Pappymn

Well with help I finished 4 butts
« on: August 08, 2013, 11:38:16 PM »
Wow....awesome. What is the total?
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline pz

Re: Well with help I finished 4 butts
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »
My goodness, that looks absolutely delicious, and I'd like to be able to do that one day. 

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 12:14:50 AM »
First Tommy said...
... This puts the count to 117!

Then Pappy said...
... What is the total?

Then I said... 
Honey, I need another drink. Please make this one a double.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 12:32:13 AM »
Tommie, you are definitely the BIG BUTT of the forum.  Guess that doesn't sound that great when you say it :o

Anyway, great job once again.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 12:47:20 AM »
My goodness, that looks absolutely delicious, and I'd like to be able to do that one day.
pz, like I mentioned in another post... the SRG is not just a turkey fryer. If you get one you'll be doing pork butts like Tommy and the gang in no time! Now keep in mind, CAUTION; they will turn out so awesome that friends, family and fund raisers will be bugging you to cook 'em a butt frequently. Yes, it's a good 'problem' to have. After the 3rd or 4th one many will refer to you as the head butt cooker, or 'butt head' for short  ;D ;) :o 8)
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline pz

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 01:01:18 AM »
pz, like I mentioned in another post... the SRG is not just a turkey fryer. If you get one you'll be doing pork butts like Tommy and the gang in no time! Now keep in mind, CAUTION; they will turn out so awesome that friends, family and fund raisers will be bugging you to cook 'em a butt frequently. Yes, it's a good 'problem' to have. After the 3rd or 4th one many will refer to you as the head butt cooker, or 'butt head' for short  ;D ;) :o 8)

BigDon, I replied your other post lamenting the price increase, but evidently Amazon was out of the $169 deal so the search automatically changed to another vendor that had it in stock for the $203 price (plus shipping).  I found the small link that allowed me to get the $169 version as soon as it is back in stock (free shipping) so I jumped on it like a flash.  Thanks for all the info!

Offline Dakota Don

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 01:20:38 AM »

BigDon, I replied your other post lamenting the price increase, but evidently Amazon was out of the $169 deal so the search automatically changed to another vendor that had it in stock for the $203 price (plus shipping).  I found the small link that allowed me to get the $169 version as soon as it is back in stock (free shipping) so I jumped on it like a flash.  Thanks for all the info!
PZ, I'll have to figure out where that link is at, that's new to me. I'm sure it will come in handy for other things we discover on Amazon.
C.B. BEESR

Offline pz

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 01:29:53 AM »
Indeed; it was a small link on the right side just below where you see the wish list information - there were several links that gave you different options

Offline Dakota Don

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 02:27:05 AM »
Indeed; it was a small link on the right side just below where you see the wish list information - there were several links that gave you different options

Thanks pz,
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 02:32:20 AM by BigDon »
C.B. BEESR

Offline pz

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 02:32:59 AM »
Yes, that's it exactly.  I added it to my cart, and then the system reported that I'd get an email when it ships.  I also can cancel at any time.  However, the price is locked in, and there is no shipping cost with this particular deal.

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 04:25:46 AM »
That cooker sure looks well seasoned.  :D  I'm going to have to go for Tommie's butt record with briskets (problem is they are a bit more expensive and I am sure my wife would divorce me before I got near 117).  ::)
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline mikecorn.1

• Richwood, Texas
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 03:39:04 PM »
Man, that looks good. I'll take a piece of the one that didnt come out as good.  ;) :)
MIKE
Bradley DBS4 (dual 500w, fan)
Charbroil SRG
Pit Barrel Cooker
New Braunfels Hondo Smoker