Author Topic: Unicorn Rip Tips.....  (Read 961 times)

Offline Saber 4

Unicorn Rip Tips.....
« Reply #-1 on: July 05, 2014, 10:15:13 PM »
I found a good deal on pork rib tips at wally world the other day and decided to give them a try as we had never had them anywhere but a Chinese place. Spiced them up with some Texas Steak seasoning on the first batch and they were amazing, next batch half got the same seasoning and the other half got JH's Pecan Rub and they were amazing. I couldn't believe how quick and good they turned out on the SRG, they were as good as any low and slow rack of ribs just bite sized.

They looked so good that we dug into them before I remembered to take pictures both times, I'll try and do better next time.

How do you guy's do rib tips?

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Unicorn Rip Tips.....
« on: July 06, 2014, 04:04:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure rib tips are really unicorn horn, so it is all good.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline jjjonz

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 04:26:32 PM »
Is that what is also know as ribletts ? It sure sounds good no matter .
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 04:33:36 PM »
I found a good deal on pork rib tips at wally world the other day and decided to give them a try as we had never had them anywhere but a Chinese place. Spiced them up with some Texas Steak seasoning on the first batch and they were amazing, next batch half got the same seasoning and the other half got JH's Pecan Rub and they were amazing. I couldn't believe how quick and good they turned out on the SRG, they were as good as any low and slow rack of ribs just bite sized.

They looked so good that we dug into them before I remembered to take pictures both times, I'll try and do better next time.

How do you guy's do rib tips?
Not going to make a unicorn comment. Theses sound really good. Will be trying them - thanks!

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 11:14:41 PM »
Is that what is also know as ribletts ? It sure sounds good no matter .

Could be, they were labeled "Rib Tips" so that's what I went with, might be called Ribletts in other parts.