Author Topic: Thanks to Tommy  (Read 1468 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Thanks to Tommy
« Reply #-1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:11:29 PM »
Thanks to Tommy for posting all those good recipes on how to cook butts and turkeys in the SRG.  Nobody knows more about how to cook in the SRG series of cookers. 

A couple of things I do with my turkeys. First I brine them in a solution of water, salt, and brown sugar. (There are numerous other concoctions that work as well.)  Second, I take the lid off when it reaches the color I want.

Another thing is I always cook mine with the legs up in order to make  it easier to get the  temp probe in the thigh.

Thanks again to Tommy for the effort to show folks how to make the easiest, less trouble, best tasting turkey many have ever eaten.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline jjjonz

Re: Thanks to Tommy
« on: November 07, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »
X A thousand !!!!
Weber Smokey Joe gold...mini WSM
2002 Weber Genesis Silver [rebuilt]
PBC
Camp Chef smokin pro Stx
Thermopen [fast British racing green]

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:54:26 PM »
Thanks Tommy, you da man!!!  :) ;) :D ;D

And thanks Dee for your input too.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline pz

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 11:50:24 PM »
Whenever I see a post using an SRG, I immediately think "TMB" - thanks Tommy for all your expertise!

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 06:06:43 AM »
While I do not have an SRG, I certainly appreciate the efforts that are made here to help others with the cooker.  For that matter, thanks to all for sharing their specific areas of expertise in cooking.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline RAD

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 07:45:35 AM »
Thanks Tommy, I always use this site as a refresher when I it gets close to the big Turkey day and this year you made it a lot easier.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 09:08:11 AM »
I learned everything I know about infrared from Tommy. I started with a TBE, then added a SRG and finally a BEESR. I love my infrared cookers. Probably why I don't have PBC. I have made so many things with my cookers and everything has came out great, cept I burned the outside of a roast one time, but I rescued it and haven't looked back. Tommy you have been a real inspiration with my baking breads and everything else..Thanks Tommy. Pam    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »
Tommy is a great asset to our forum family. We are truly lucky to have the "King of Infrared" on our side.  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32