Author Topic: Inspired by Emma's Chicken Kebabs- Skewered Chicken Breasts  (Read 2068 times)

Offline k9Baron

Inspired by Emma's Chicken Kebabs- Skewered Chicken Breasts
« Reply #-1 on: June 03, 2015, 07:11:38 PM »
Inspired by Emma's Chicken Kebabs, I couldn't help myself- Just had to give this a try.
Here is what is going on the Char-Broil SRG-  Chicken breasts (boneless/skinless) butterflied and cut into long strips
                 Marinated in
                                                  Worcestershire Sauce (approx. 4 T spoons or to taste)
                                                  Soy Sauce (Approx 2 T spoons or to taste), 
                         ½ bottle of beer (remaining for drinking)
                                                  Olive oil (approx. 3 T Spoons)
                        Black pepper (approx. 1 T Spoon- or to taste)
                        Chipotle Pepper (approx. 2 tsp)
                        Cumin powder   (approx. 2 tsp)   
                        Curry Powder   (approx. 2 tsp)
                                                 Brown Sugar (approx. one half cup)
                  Marinade for two hours or so…

After marinating take strips out pat dry,
      wrap strip with bacon, place on skewer,
      repeat until all strips are wrapped and skewered,
      drop skewers into SRG
(I have a mesh basket sitting on a Tommy ring
 This keeps the skewers off of the bottom of the SRG,
 And makes everything fairly easy to handle- put some
Cherry wood and hickory chips at the 5 o clock position)
                     SRG on high then drop to medium- and let it go until the bacon is done.
                     This usually works out for me.  Sometimes I get the strips to thin and they                     get done before the bacon, but usually it’s edible, and when it turns out
                     the way it should –everything done at the same time- it really is quite
                     tasty.
I’m sure that this (or something similar) has been done here many times (I know it’s not original with me), but I share this as a reminder for those of you who haven’t done this for a while.  Just to let you know- this is not a done deed yet: the chicken is still marinating.  But until the deed is done, I’m going to keep thinking it will turn out good.
Hope all of you are having a good afternoon/evening.   Thanks to Emma's Kebabs for the inspiration.  Sorry, no pics- I have never gotten into the technology- still have a film camera, but it's been so long since I've used it I'm not even sure it works.  Anyway, good night to all.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Hey k9Baron - that sounds excellent - I look forward to hearing about the results - and Emma does as well. Always looking for new and better ideas - thanks!

Pictures are always nice, but if you don't have them, don't let that stop you from posting - we all want to learn and hear about new ideas. Most of us have pretty good imaginations (don't go there muebe  ??? ???) so just tell us what you are up to.

D
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline hikerman

Re: Inspired by Emma's Chicken Kebabs- Skewered Chicken Breasts
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »
Sounds great K9!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 08:30:13 PM »
Hey k9Baron - that sounds excellent - I look forward to hearing about the results - and Emma does as well. Always looking for new and better ideas - thanks!

Pictures are always nice, but if you don't have them, don't let that stop you from posting - we all want to learn and hear about new ideas. Most of us have pretty good imaginations (don't go there muebe  ??? ???) so just tell us what you are up to.

D

Let me check with admin about adding a  Unicorn section  ;) :D ;D :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:56:17 PM »

D

Let me check with admin about adding a  Unicorn section  ;) :D ;D :)

Just put it under Dee...  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline k9Baron

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 11:37:25 PM »
Thanks to all for the replies and encouragements.
Ok- here’s the outcome;  Emma would be proud that she inspired me— however, I’m sure hers turned out much better.  That is all that really needs to be said, but that would leave things to  your imagination, and there is no imagination that should go there.  Suffice it to say, the Idea was a good one (i.e. inspired by a kebab cook)- the prep went pretty well- the skewering and bacon wrap –excellent.  Put onions and potatoes in a mesh basket- cook 10 mins.   Put skewers in the SRG.  Wait- no, really, wait- I lost track of time.  The potatoes and onions were still ok- chicken with bacon… let’s just say (and I am) it could have been better.  Still edible… Bacon was good (and that’s never bad) but the skewers dried out a tad.  That was all my doing.  Really enjoy the SRG;  it is pretty forgiving even when not being as attentive as one should be.  Well… There’s always next time.  Just to let you know I’m always open to suggestions, comments, criticisms, and most especially inspirations.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 01:00:35 AM »
The best part of cooking is we get to eat our mistakes and usually they are pretty darn good! I like the idea of the bacon wrap and will suggest it to Emma next time. I like the SRG as well, and you'll find a number of folks here that have and use one. Keep experimenting, cooking and posting. Thanks, k9!
Member #