Author Topic: New SRG on the market  (Read 2492 times)

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
New SRG on the market
« Reply #-1 on: August 30, 2015, 03:17:16 PM »
I see where Char Broil has come out with a new SRG.  It seems sturdier than the last one and you can put wood chunks in a pan to smoke rather than using the Tommy Ring and pellets. There are some other changes but I can't remember them.  I saw where they were on sale for $165 or so versus the over $225 or so of regular price.  I'm going off the top of my head, which is kind of pointed and things slide off, so don't hold me to those prices.  If mine ever wears out, I would get one of the new one.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: New SRG on the market
« on: August 30, 2015, 05:40:07 PM »
...I'm going off the top of my head, which is kind of pointed and things slide off, ... If mine ever wears out, I would get one of the new one.

Dee
ummmm????
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 05:42:19 PM »
...I'm going off the top of my head, which is kind of pointed and things slide off, ... If mine ever wears out, I would get one of the new one.

Dee
ummmm????

Thinking the same David. I am researching but can't locate a new SRG.  Unless he is talking about the latest SRG which is able
to burn wood chips or pellets. I believe the moved or modified the wood pan. I don't have an older model just the latest I think.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 07:45:18 PM »
Mike, The one I'm talking about is the one on the website.  It's totally black and has the drawer for wood chunks. I really don't know how long it's been out, but it's new to me.  Of course, if you ask Don, a whole lot of things are new to me.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »
Mike, The one I'm talking about is the one on the website.  It's totally black and has the drawer for wood chunks. I really don't know how long it's been out, but it's new to me.  Of course, if you ask Don, a whole lot of things are new to me.  Dee

That is the newest one Dee. That is the one I have. True you don't need the Tommy ring but I still use it for extra smoke. The new drawer works great too.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 09:51:58 PM »
Yep , that unit has been out gif sometime Dee.  This is the third version of the SRG I do believe     I still think the Tommy ring is needed for extra smoke, the smoker box just does not put out enough smoke
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline tenorGJ

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 02:29:37 PM »
I like the new electric smoker, for sure! Santa may come early this year....true low and slow!

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »
I like the new electric smoker, for sure! Santa may come early this year....true low and slow!

I have the prototype and have t say it works great. I hope Santa is good to you!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 03:54:33 PM »
If my MES ever gives up the ghost, I would probably replace it with the CB Electric smoker...but that darn MES keeps on smoking away....
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32