Author Topic: Maiden cooking on my new Big easy SRG, Wow!  (Read 3475 times)

Offline junep

Maiden cooking on my new Big easy SRG, Wow!
« Reply #-1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »
Just finished my marinated shoulder lamb chop dinner cooked on my new Big Easy SRG. I preheated it about twenty minutes (basket out as they recommended). I grilled the first side of the lamb with the lid open, turned it 90 degrees half way, and the second side I did half open and part closed and open again. I also used applewood chips in the smoker; but didn't realize that those little bit of apple chips at that temperature would make a lot of smoke! LOL
Curiosity made me check the grill temp after the preheat and, using my laser temperature gun, the temperature was 680 degrees Fahrenheit. My home oven only goes to a little over 500 and takes an hour to get to that temperature on the silicon carbide shelf I have in there for making pizzas. So, I'm having a lot of enthusiasm about maybe having a better option for pizza making in the Charbroil.
Earlier today I ordered a 15" round cordierite pizza stone, since my other 15" one is square and won't fit on the Big Easy grill. I may have to revise my pizza dough recipe a bit and make the dough a bit closer to Neapolitan pizza dough which has a bit higher hydration; but I think I'll test it first with a defrosted, doctored, frozen pizza just to get an idea of what to expect before I try it with a couple of my own recipes.
I took a photo but the "insert image" button above the message on these pages doesn't work, so I guess the only way to post a photo is to get
one of those on line photo accounts.
It would be a lot easier if this software, like Facebook and Blogspot, and others, would just let you import an image from your own computer.

June

Conformity is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
Re: Maiden cooking on my new Big easy SRG, Wow!
« on: September 06, 2016, 10:52:37 PM »
Glad your first cook went great June!

And - you can import photos from your computer. You will need to create a folder - probably on your desktop or wherever you can find it easily - and save your photos to that folder. Then when you post and want to show us the picture - you click on Attachments and other options
just below the dialog box that you are typing your text in.

Then, look forAttach, then click on Choose File. This will show you all of the various locations on your computer. Pick the folder located on your Desktop I mentioned ( be sure to name it something easy to remember , click on it, elect the  photo you want, click on that - and it will attach to your post - and show up like magic.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline junep

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 11:02:43 PM »
I already have it in a folder on my computer, but when I hit the attach option at the bottom of the messages it asks for a password and there's no option for importing from my own computer. Usually the import image button at the top of the empty message box (the one just under the Bold option, is the button on this type of software that let's you import, but for some reason it doesn't work on this site. When you hit it, it doesn't ask you where to go to import an image, and I guess it's because this site is set up to only import from Photobucket or a similar on line photo saving site.

The one you mention (Attachments and other options) wants a password for Photobucket, and I don't have an account there. Wish they would just let that "Insert image" button work so we could just insert a photo from our own computer.

June

Offline junep

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 11:07:21 PM »

Ah, I think I figured it out! You have to hit that "Insert Image" button at the top and then go down to the Attach: choose file area. Let's hope this works. If it does, here's my lovely, marinated, shoulder lamb chop with my home grown potatoes, beans and tomatoes.
Just finished my marinated shoulder lamb chop dinner cooked on my new Big Easy SRG. I preheated it about twenty minutes (basket out as they recommended). I grilled the first side of the lamb with the lid open, turned it 90 degrees half way, and the second side I did half open and part closed and open again. I also used applewood chips in the smoker; but didn't realize that those little bit of apple chips at that temperature would make a lot of smoke! LOL
Curiosity made me check the grill temp after the preheat and, using my laser temperature gun, the temperature was 680 degrees Fahrenheit. My home oven only goes to a little over 500 and takes an hour to get to that temperature on the silicon carbide shelf I have in there for making pizzas. So, I'm having a lot of enthusiasm about maybe having a better option for pizza making in the Charbroil.
Earlier today I ordered a 15" round cordierite pizza stone, since my other 15" one is square and won't fit on the Big Easy grill. I may have to revise my pizza dough recipe a bit and make the dough a bit closer to Neapolitan pizza dough which has a bit higher hydration; but I think I'll test it first with a defrosted, doctored, frozen pizza just to get an idea of what to expect before I try it with a couple of my own recipes.
I took a photo but the "insert image" button above the message on these pages doesn't work, so I guess the only way to post a photo is to get
It would be a lot easier if this software, like Facebook and Blogspot, and others, would just let you import an image from your own computer.

June

[attachments deleted after 6 months]

Offline N. Ontario Smoker

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 11:48:30 PM »
A very good Maiden cook on the SRG. That looks delicious.
"Vegetarian" is an old Indian word for bad hunter.

Fred

Offline junep

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 12:02:57 AM »
A very good Maiden cook on the SRG. That looks delicious.

Thanks. It really was delicious and was so easy to use. Normally I only eat half the shoulder lamb chop, but tonight I ate the whole thing! No more cooking steaks, etc. on an iron grill in the kitchen and then having to clean up all those grease splatters. This Charbroil is really wonderful!

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 05:26:23 AM »
That being your first cook on the SRG, I can't wait to see more! Looks great! :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 07:12:02 AM »
Looks delicious June!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline hikerman

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 07:40:02 AM »
Very nice job! Your plate looks wonderful!

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 08:19:00 AM »
Looks great!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 08:39:58 AM »

Ah, I think I figured it out! You have to hit that "Insert Image" button at the top and then go down to the Attach: choose file area. Let's hope this works. If it does, here's my lovely, marinated, shoulder lamb chop with my home grown potatoes, beans and tomatoes.

June

June - proud both OF and FOR you on the beautiful cook...AND you posted your picture!!! Now - you can help others to figure out how to post from their computers as well. There are a number of variables depending on browser setting, and your particular operating system - but looks like you got it! Practice posting some pictures so that it becomes easy for you and - so the we all get to see more great food from you ;D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 08:52:35 AM »
 The SRG is such a great tool to use for cooking and looks like you did a wonderful job.

I'm  looking forward to seeing other cooks from you and as always if you need help we are here!  ;) ;) ;) ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 09:48:34 AM »
Glad you got the pictures working so we can see your cooks! Your first one looks delicious!!! Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 11:06:49 AM »
Very nice plate ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.