Author Topic: Beesr  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Bayoucajun

Beesr
« Reply #-1 on: April 22, 2018, 06:56:10 PM »
Char broil discontinued making the srg and the beesr. Today  flipping tru the channels home shopping had the simple smoker with some kind of tech. What's the deal here all it is is the old beesr with tech applied to it. Tommy please explain

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Beesr
« on: April 23, 2018, 10:40:16 AM »
Char broil discontinued making the srg and the beesr. Today  flipping tru the channels home shopping had the simple smoker with some kind of tech. What's the deal here all it is is the old beesr with tech applied to it. Tommy please explain
They added the "High Tech" feature to make it more appealing to consumers, but it's not worth the extra 125 to 150 bucks there asking for it IMHO

The old BEESR did fine without it.   As for the SRG??  I still can't get an answer as why they droped it from the line up.  I think it was by far the best thing they had going for the money and things that could be cooked in it
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 01:52:22 PM »
They added the "High Tech" feature to make it more appealing to consumers, but it's not worth the extra 125 to 150 bucks there asking for it IMHO

The old BEESR did fine without it.   As for the SRG??  I still can't get an answer as why they droped it from the line up.  I think it was by far the best thing they had going for the money and things that could be cooked in it

Tommy your statement may be the answer. Maybe it did too much for such a low price & was taking away from other grills they have. I wish i had one but I don't need one ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? I love my big easy regular.

In fact give me three outdoor cookers & i pick the big easy, Weber kettle 22 & my sears gas grill. That is all I really need......did I really say that....Please don't tell my wife I said that ;) ;) ;)   
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 09:31:24 PM »
Have both! And love and appreciate what they are capable of. This is Char Broils fault, they failed in the marketing of both of these products. They have excellent R and D but fail to commit to the proper marketing for there products. People look at them and sometimes just don't understand what they can do. That's no the consumers fault, that the Manufactuers and owners issue. It's to bad cause they both do an excellent job!  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:20:53 AM »
Have both! And love and appreciate what they are capable of. This is Char Broils fault, they failed in the marketing of both of these products. They have excellent R and D but fail to commit to the proper marketing for there products. People look at them and sometimes just don't understand what they can do. That's no the consumers fault, that the Manufactuers and owners issue. It's to bad cause they both do an excellent job!  :)
This is the exact argument CB Martin had been dealing with when he was the main spokesman at CharBroil. 

He kept showing them things we have cooked on the old CB site but they just wouldn't listen.     Sure they  "Brought" new things to use for cooking like the Baking oven , Kabob holder, new baskets but theses were all Ideas that were dare I say GIVEN TO THEM buy us the forum which they dropped like a freaking HOT potato >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Tee and I talked about them and I tried in many ways to get CharBroil to give Tee the info off the CB site so it wouldn't be lost but they never got back to him.   

There was a lot of great info on that site that CB (Berry) Martin had gained for them they just refused to listen to him or us.  Shame to, because we SOLD many units for them through that site.

Just another case of making $$$$$ is the most important thing and heck with customers.

Ill sit down now,

(OBTW) I have met the best folks through that forum and this one so I can't complain to much 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 08:25:51 AM »
This is the exact argument CB Martin had been dealing with when he was the main spokesman at CharBroil. 

He kept showing them things we have cooked on the old CB site but they just wouldn't listen.     Sure they  "Brought" new things to use for cooking like the Baking oven , Kabob holder, new baskets but theses were all Ideas that were dare I say GIVEN TO THEM buy us the forum which they dropped like a freaking HOT potato >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Tee and I talked about them and I tried in many ways to get CharBroil to give Tee the info off the CB site so it wouldn't be lost but they never got back to him.   

There was a lot of great info on that site that CB (Berry) Martin had gained for them they just refused to listen to him or us.  Shame to, because we SOLD many units for them through that site.

Just another case of making $$$$$ is the most important thing and heck with customers.

Ill sit down now,

(OBTW) I have met the best folks through that forum and this one so I can't complain to much  :) :) :) :) :) :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline Bayoucajun

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 07:12:23 PM »
Tommy tell it like it is because you are right