Author Topic: Nostalgia Beer Tap  (Read 12641 times)

Offline rexster314

Nostalgia Beer Tap
« Reply #-1 on: September 28, 2018, 06:26:09 PM »
Got one of these of a local bulletin board at a substantial savings. I've got a Heineken keg in it at the moment and a keg of a nice wheat beer in the fridge to drink next. Don't knock the Heineken, it's a great beer to drink down here in the humid south.

Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 720-0856V 8 burner 88,000btu gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Cham

Offline Salmonsmoker

Re: Nostalgia Beer Tap
« on: September 28, 2018, 09:08:57 PM »
Got one of these of a local bulletin board at a substantial savings. I've got a Heineken keg in it at the moment and a keg of a nice wheat beer in the fridge to drink next. Don't knock the Heineken, it's a great beer to drink down here in the humid south.

Heineken beer is a totally different animal when drawn from a keg, than it is in the green bottles. The bottled beer is "light struck" or skunked. Green is the worst color for blocking ultraviolet light. UV light reacts with hop compounds and causes this. The other main reason is heat. Stick a shipment of beer in a slow moving freighter's hold unrefrigerated, cross the Atlantic, ship it around the US unrefrigerated and you'll get the same thing. What's interesting is that many people have grown accustomed to that flavor and think it's the taste of a quality beer. Yuck! I'm a home brewer and a certified beer judge. My creds. :)