Author Topic: Redecorating our "Game Room"  (Read 13537 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Redecorating our "Game Room"
« Reply #-1 on: March 18, 2020, 06:50:22 PM »
I guess since the Coronavirus is afoot, we're going to be going out even less than we already did! We have been known to have people over for football games and/or a good old fashioned cookout but that's been put on pause for a bit.

I  don't spend a whole lot of time in the basement but I have been wanting to try and fix my busted arcade cabinet down there so I tried but it's toast. That got the wheels spinning in my head to get a NEW one, so I asked the boss and she said yes! I have to admit, she rarely, if ever, tells me no :) She's as selfless as they come and that's not just me saying that, she's quite remarkable.

Back to the topic, buying the new cabinet inspired me to freshen up the game room portion of the mancave. I wanted to really make it like an arcade, so the boxes have been coming in steadily and I hope to have it all finished this weekend. I'll post some pics when I get it finished.

Here's a picture of a limited view of it as it was, back when the arcade cabinet was working lol

This will give me something to do since we're basically self confining to reduce the risk of getting sick.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:58:11 PM by RG »
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: Redecorating our "Game Room"
« on: March 18, 2020, 11:22:34 PM »
That's a cool room.  Love the very back of it.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 01:19:03 PM »
Great minds think alike RG.....your room is fantastic. I have a theater room in the basement nothing fancy about 16 feet by 13.5 that has an inexpensive projector & screen. We have seating for about eight with my old 1986 Amiga computers (Yes they still work) My sound system is made from spare parts but puts out very good sound. The room doubles as my Genesis museum as the décor is all about my favorite band including signed guitars, posters etc. Like you I am lucky that my wife let me have a nice room above the garage as a sports room with Sports Memorabilia including a signed autographed from one of the Cardinals championship 1926 year.  I am looking not to add but to clean up both rooms & use them as we are hunkered down because of the virus. I did add one thing this year before the virus hit.... I added a picture of the exact moment in 1964 when I became a Cardinals fan & really a sports fan.....That picture was of the moment that Dick Groat picked off Mickey mantle at 2nd base during the WS. This goes up next week.

Anyway I can't wait to see how you make out. Keep the posts coming RG....Should be fun.
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 05:01:45 PM »
Great minds think alike RG.....your room is fantastic. I have a theater room in the basement nothing fancy about 16 feet by 13.5 that has an inexpensive projector & screen. We have seating for about eight with my old 1986 Amiga computers (Yes they still work) My sound system is made from spare parts but puts out very good sound. The room doubles as my Genesis museum as the décor is all about my favorite band including signed guitars, posters etc. Like you I am lucky that my wife let me have a nice room above the garage as a sports room with Sports Memorabilia including a signed autographed from one of the Cardinals championship 1926 year.  I am looking not to add but to clean up both rooms & use them as we are hunkered down because of the virus. I did add one thing this year before the virus hit.... I added a picture of the exact moment in 1964 when I became a Cardinals fan & really a sports fan.....That picture was of the moment that Dick Groat picked off Mickey mantle at 2nd base during the WS. This goes up next week.

Anyway I can't wait to see how you make out. Keep the posts coming RG....Should be fun.

Very cool! I love doing projects around the house and I couldn't have picked a better time for this as it will keep my mind of the terrible situation we're all faced with. I also get the benefit of enjoying it when done! I had Stephanie help me with part of it today and I know she was apprehensive at first but I can tell that's she's digging what's going on, even though she tells me that I'm sick, lol. I tend to go overboard in her eyes :P

It's a fairly involved facelift but not TOO crazy (I don't think).

I LOVE the Amiga and think it's awesome that you still have one that works! I loved the C64, had many of them as well as a C128D and an Amiga 1000 back in the day. I had ordered an Amiga 1200 but I waited and waited and it never came so I ended up going IBM. Turned out that was the right move, lol/

I am excited to get this done, I have a lot of crap to haul off to the dump. I'm NOT looking forward to that part though.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 11:15:51 AM »
I agree on the dump no fun......My Amiga's are the 1000 & the 2000 with a hard drive. I had the CD TV but tossed it out a few years ago (still working);  The only games I still play are Gridiron & Silent Service two great games....those were the days. My Game room has some neat stuff like a Stan the man signed picture, My letter cutting me from the Jets lol......they said no tryouts lol...……, Joe Fraser signed picture, Dick Groat signed baseball card, & a Stan Smith tennis racquet from 1971 ( I was with Stan the day his first son was born). But my favorite is a picture of Glenn Hall & Jacques Plante winning the best goalie award during 1969.  I have not spent much as I was in the right place at the right time. Anyway have fun I start next week with the cleanup....as we are not spending any money on these rooms now.....The boat sucks us dry lol

In the Genesis/theater room I have a signed Phil Collins Pass, Signed guitar by Phil, Mike Rutherford & Tony Banks I also still have... I hope the 1986 album signed by all of them. We also have Pictures of me with Phil in Washington & Barbara & me with Steve Hackett in the early 2000's. We also have a letter from Mary Pickford to my dad in the 40's (Tee should know who she was lol). 

Anyway I can't wait to see what you end up doing......somewhere you must have a three stooges poster. lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 09:18:23 PM »
I agree on the dump no fun......My Amiga's are the 1000 & the 2000 with a hard drive. I had the CD TV but tossed it out a few years ago (still working);  The only games I still play are Gridiron & Silent Service two great games....those were the days. My Game room has some neat stuff like a Stan the man signed picture, My letter cutting me from the Jets lol......they said no tryouts lol...……, Joe Fraser signed picture, Dick Groat signed baseball card, & a Stan Smith tennis racquet from 1971 ( I was with Stan the day his first son was born). But my favorite is a picture of Glenn Hall & Jacques Plante winning the best goalie award during 1969.  I have not spent much as I was in the right place at the right time. Anyway have fun I start next week with the cleanup....as we are not spending any money on these rooms now.....The boat sucks us dry lol

In the Genesis/theater room I have a signed Phil Collins Pass, Signed guitar by Phil, Mike Rutherford & Tony Banks I also still have... I hope the 1986 album signed by all of them. We also have Pictures of me with Phil in Washington & Barbara & me with Steve Hackett in the early 2000's. We also have a letter from Mary Pickford to my dad in the 40's (Tee should know who she was lol). 

Anyway I can't wait to see what you end up doing......somewhere you must have a three stooges poster. lol

Yeah, the boys already have their spot in the basement. The Spumco Dolls of them as well as a few metal signs, a poster, some models and Three Stooges Monopoly are by the pool table. I seem to remember posting them before but I'll take another pic when I finish the other stuff. I thought I was almost done but decided to order a poster and some metal arcade game signs. I am looking for an arcade neon clock to hang but not having much luck.

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 09:37:13 PM »
... We also have a letter from Mary Pickford to my dad in the 40's (Tee should know who she was lol)...

I don't think he ever met her but he dated her mother.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 10:11:30 AM »
... We also have a letter from Mary Pickford to my dad in the 40's (Tee should know who she was lol)...

I don't think he ever met her but he dated her mother.

lol
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 11:28:24 AM »
D@mn, that an impressive space.  Both you and TIMG seem to have got it going ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline RAD

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 11:47:53 AM »
Nice looking Man Cave
Love to cook and eat

Offline ClimberDave

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 12:16:39 PM »
Very nice space,  nice and roomy!
Kamado Joe III Big Joe
Weber 22" One-Touch kettle
Weber Smokey Joe Simpsons Edition
PBC
Slow and Sear
Generic gasser
Roccbox Pizza Oven
Anova One
Joule
Anova Nano

Offline RG

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 04:29:34 AM »
Thanks for the compliments fellas! I'm not quite done with it yet. Some items I ordered are running late so it won't be revealed this weekend, lol. I am still undecided on a couple of things. The little love seat you see in the picture may be nixed but I don't know if I am going to get replacement seating or not. I don't think anyone ever even sits in it when I have company so that leads me to want to get a small game table. Not like a poker table (although that'd be nice, I don't have room for it). I was thinking maybe even a pub table. Who knows, still up in the air.

Offline RG

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 08:09:50 PM »
So I made some good progress today, I am feeling like I accomplished something, lol!

I decided to NOT get any game table or pub table. I am going to move the existing love seat into the "theater" part of the basement and ditch the ugly ass chase lounge that my wife bought when we first finished the basement. I've ALWAYS hated that thing. I'll put the love seat in its place.

The freed up space in the game room where love seat currently sits (not where it was in the picture above, across from it on another wall) will be filled by a jukebox that I ordered but it's on back order and won't be here until a month from now! I may also add a soda machine depending on space but most likely won't have room.

Once I get what I can get done in there, I am going to try and tidy up the rest of the basement and move Steph's exercise equipment out of the game room and into the theater room behind the sectional. I have a lot to do and will have time being that we are doing our part to stay away from people due to the madness ensuing.

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 09:48:32 PM »
So I made some good progress today, I am feeling like I accomplished something, lol!

I decided to NOT get any game table or pub table. I am going to move the existing love seat into the "theater" part of the basement and ditch the ugly ass chase lounge that my wife bought when we first finished the basement. I've ALWAYS hated that thing. I'll put the love seat in its place.

I decided to NOT get any game table or pub table. I am going to move the existing love seat into the "theater" part of the basement and move  the beautiful chase lounge that my lovely wife bought us when we first finished the basement. I've ALWAYS loved that chase my wife picked out & would think it would be perfect in its new location in the back of the room. I'll put the love seat in its place.   LOL

Sounds like a good plan RG save me a coke
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 08:25:03 PM »
Sounds like a good plan RG save me a coke

Will do! I actually went and bought the drink machine today, got it cheap, had to drive an hour each way but it is what it is. The guy said it worked. I asked him to plug it up before I got there so I could see if it was cooling. He says he forgot and remembered 10 minutes before I arrived. I get it home, unload it and plug it up and left it for about 2 hours. It is NOT cooling!!! I researched it and found it's a common problem so I ordered a $7.00 kit to repair it. Hopefully I'll have it running on Saturday!

I also got a surprise about the jukebox, it originally was going to arrive about a month from when I ordered it, it's now going to be here Friday! I have a few more oddities coming in by then so I should have it all wrapped up this weekend. The only other thing is that I am having the pool table refelted. It's blue and I want it red to match the "diner" colors and the "wait your turn" bench that is in the room. After that is done, it will be 100% complete. I was going to wait on the pool table but I have NEVER liked the felt color and have wanted to refelt it since getting it years ago. Stephanie put a bottle on it that leaked and stained it as well so it needs some attention :)

I know that nobody really cares about any of this, as with most things I post but I am just excited about it I guess :P