Outdoor Cooking Equipment > Gas Grills

Time for a Steak

(1/3) > >>

Old Hickory:
Found a nice porterhouse at a decent price, so after Tommy's post on rib eyes I was hungry for steak.  Did a 45 min cold smoke with hickory, then onto a hot PPG until IT was 123*, off and a 10 min rest.  IT climed to 128*.  Perfect for my wife and I, we like our beef rare.

muebe:
Looks perfect to me!

I love the porterhouse cut but it is usually too expensive for me. I have been known to purchase on when it is on sale ;)

TMB:
Looks great, now Kimmie would say it's still kicking but what does she know  :-X

smokeasaurus:
as soon as it is done moo-ing it is ready to eat in my book!!! Nice looking meal ya got there!!

TMB:
When Kimmie worked for a local steak joint here in town she would have a guy that came on Friday nights and order a steak.

Not just any steak but nice thick rib eye  and here is how he would say cook it.  If done right he would give a $20 tip.

Start the grill add the steak, drag the steak across the grill and count to 30,   flip and slid back the other way for 30 sec's .

Now they won't or can't do it now but back then he gave a lot of $20 tips out  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version